Author Topic: Any one tried the SGD Sidewinder pups for Epiphone Tbirds ?  (Read 1391 times)

pilgrim9

• View Profile
Any one tried the SGD Sidewinder pups for Epiphone Tbirds ?
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »
Has any one here tried these? http://www.sgd-lutherie.com/pages/SW4-TB.html they are a drop in fit for the horrible sounding one in most bolt on Epi TBirds.
If you push something hard enough it must fall over.

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Any one tried the SGD Sidewinder pups for Epiphone Tbirds ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »
I personally have not - but I would exercise some caution here. There is a sticky - as well as a couple threads - over at TB regarding long wait times and customer service issues.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »
He's a member here.

Here's a current TB sticky thread about problems with communication and delivery: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f38/sgd-pickups-issues-orders-1040109/

pilgrim9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, they sound like great PUPS but I just can`t gamble on never getting them. I`m bidding on a set of Gibson T bird PUPS on e bay and I will just have to route a bit to make em fit the Epi bird if I win the auction.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:34:28 PM by pilgrim9 »
If you push something hard enough it must fall over.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, they sound like great PUPS but I just can`t gamble on never getting them. I`m bidding on a set of Gibson T bird PUPS on e bay and I will just have to route a bit to make em fit the Epi bird if I win the auction.

Unless something has changed, you'll barely have to do any work - I recall test fitting some Gibsons into an Epi - almost a drop in.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:50:22 PM »
My Epi has a pair of gibson TB's, and I thank TBird1958 for this! It is as he said an almost drop in, the Gibson pups are just a bit wider so you have to route a bit, but it is really minimal work.
Also Gibsons are not as thick as epis, so you need to put something like a small block of wood under the pups to raise 'em (just adding extra foam doesn't work so good).

But boy they do sound good! :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:15:32 AM by exiledarchangel »
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
If you don't win the auction, I have a pair of TB Plus sitting unused. Maybe we can work a trade towards a pointy headstock bass.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT