Author Topic: G-3 Review  (Read 10804 times)

ilan

• View Profile
Re: G-3 Review
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 02:47:31 AM »
And the huge body size is actually ergonomic though I accept that there are sexier looking axes out there
Big body basses make you look thinner.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »
Now the bass has two G-strings, that will take some getting used to.

Whoremonics...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
Ken, you and your adolescent humor, I'm aghast.

Ilan: True observation but not very complimentary for people wishing to play a doubleneck!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »

Does this bass make my ass look big?   ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 08:10:43 AM »
Two fat-bottomed girls on stage and one carrying the other would be a bit much for discerning tastes.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 09:40:28 AM »
Two fat-bottomed girls on stage and one carrying the other would be a bit much for discerning tastes.

Mmmmm.............Lesbian freak show  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
Fat...? You...? now thats an oxymoron if there ever was one...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:02:01 AM by HERBIE »
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

ilan

• View Profile
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »

I have panties that match that!  ;D

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
Looks more like a "Lace Bass".

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »
Lovelace? Linda?

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
Deep bass...?

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »
*cue the Ellington.... "Don't Get Around Much Anymore..."

Thanks for letting me sample the bass Uwe and Mark - it was actually Uwe's Grabber II review a couple of years ago that led me to the GRABBER II (not a Ripper II) that is now nearly my number one player.   The G3 Tribute and Grabber II are different basses due to the pickups obviously, but the thinner/not-as-deep body of this G3 did get me wonderin' if Gibson is listenin' to their customers from the forums.   Lots of great reissues/tributes coming out these past two years.  The Non-reverse, the Midtown, the "shrinking" weight of the OSB Les Pauls, (the G3 weighs a good pound less than the Grabber II, but I don't know that that's necessarily a good thing.  I like WOOD in my tone).  A Gold Top OSB Les Paul will arrive next week that is close to 9.5 lbs.  I know these OSB LP's started out close to 12 lbs, so I'm wonderin'   

I'm not sure I would say the G3 sounds better than the Grabber II - I liked them both.  But I have grown to love the Grabber II.  *thanks Uwe! 

And thanks for your hospitality Mark - Gibson lovers are few and far between and its great to live so close to the number one TBird Afficionado in the world!  This G3 is balls-to-the-wall tone!  There's one in my future, but I'm still catching up with that LP OSB.   Guess I'm one of those close Gibson bass fans that...just....doesn't.....get....out....enough!

*Side note:  I'm in California, for the final week of my daughter's Cancer Proton therapy.   Nothing changes your perspective on life like cancer.  She's only 9, but she is my hero.

And there is a Sam Ash not far from here, but they won't return my calls - so when I do get a G3 Tribute reissue it won't be from these hosers!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »

*Side note:  I'm in California, for the final week of my daughter's Cancer Proton therapy.   Nothing changes your perspective on life like cancer.  She's only 9, but she is my hero. 

Wow!  Nine? cancer?!  I could not begin to imagine that reality.  Your daughter and family are in my prayers in the biggest way.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:48:52 PM by Lightyear »

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »

*Side note:  I'm in California, for the final week of my daughter's Cancer Proton therapy.   Nothing changes your perspective on life like cancer.  She's only 9, but she is my hero.

Sincere wishes for a GREAT outcome!  I can only imagine how you feel at this time.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."