Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Scott's Thunderbird Garage is now open

(1/5) > >>

godofthunder:
Looks like I have some time on my hands. I am going to be taking  orders for non reverse Thunderbird bodies in the II and IV configuration and orders for non reverse pickguards. I will also be building JE Fenderbird bodies. I don't have pricing worked out yet, for starters bodies will be unfinished. Some pics of my work.

Chris P.:
Cool! I'm gonna think about you once!!

Dave W:
Best of luck with this, Scott. If I were you, I'd keep a fairly low profile. You wouldn't want to draw any attention from a certain manufacturer's legal eagles.

godofthunder:
I have been thinking about that I will make pick guards and charge for pick guards only. If a bird turns up on one I have no idea how it got there. Seriously good advice Dave. I have given that alot of thought and I think this is going in the direction of building complete NRs using my bridges, Tony Carl's pup covers and Seymour Duncan custom pickups. I am thinking of a new bird design along the lines of the Phoenix and calling my basses that. I believe Uwe dubbed my shared of a Tbird that, Phoenix, I like the sound of it ! Yeah Phoenix Basses  ;D

the mojo hobo:
Can I be your first customer? I need a pickguard, and have been planning an NR project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version