Author Topic: 4005 facsimile-final shots  (Read 61613 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: 4005 facsimile
« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »
I'm waiting for the perfect bass for my unused Model G!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »
Nat maho is beautiful! GOT that is  a looker & those Model G's are sick pups,BTW!
I love model Gs been a fan ever since I built the Mahogany Fenderbird back in '82. My love affair for these pups is well documented. My latest variation on the theme My Model G powered NR, stand back is all I have to say
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:57:36 PM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
 Not to totaly hijack the thread but here is my '76 Explorer and myself at a gig I think Feb '77. My first Dimarzio mod.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:44 PM »
diggin' the rock star pants.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2009, 08:16:45 AM »
diggin' the rock star pants.
I'll be 50 at the end of the month :o I can't believe I'm still walking around in leather pants ! When my dad was 50 he was sitting in front of the TV smoking ciggies most of his spare time..............................it was sad. I just got back from a 15 mile cycling ride. Don't want to end up like my Dad, luckely I never smoked. I have a indentical twin brother who smokes a lot........................ he looks 20 years older than me.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:48:11 AM by godofthunder »

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2009, 08:43:24 AM »
Great attitude Scott.
Digresion our specialty!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
Yep, the cigs will age you fast and will eventually kill you.  My brother smokes and we just can seem to get him off of the damn things.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
man i've been trying to quit for so long....it's hard.!
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Daniel_J

• No, I'm not Japanese. I am Brazilian actually...
    • View Profile
    • Oficina_SB
« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2009, 10:25:06 PM »
Awesome, Doc!

My vote goes for a subtle brown burst around the edges fading to the natural mahogany color. I think it might take a bit of that Ric walnut look.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »
I have a indentical twin brother

Wow, you learn new things every day! Is he a musician too?

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »
He was a awsome drummer back in the day but he gave it up  :sad: Think a solid Keith Moon

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2009, 10:36:38 AM »
Drag him out of retirement, Scott... our drummer did not gig for 21 years but he's not played better than he does today...

I have been off the weed for 16 years now, or therabouts...

The idea of a "solid" KM is kinda cool...  8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that either!  Smoking contributed to the death of my father and my stepfather.  I don't recommend it for anyone.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »
Well now that we have completley hijacked this thread. It is a wonder I never smoked. My mother my father and all their post WWII friends did smoke (like Detroit). No judgment that's just the way it was. I tried once, I remember begging my folks to let me try one, They did ! I must have been around 8 years old I took a few puffs and got so very sick. I never had a interest again. Like I said no judgment just very lucky not to have picked it up. My wife smoked when we met, I just accepted it. Then her Aunt died from the habit, she stopped cold turkey that was 18 years ago, I can't imagine how hard that was for her.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2009, 04:59:08 PM »
Straight off... I AM NOT ANTI SMOKING or SMOKER...

I worked on bar equipment for 21 years, but not for the last 5 years - it is kinda strange to have a "blanket ban" on smoking in bars and businesses right across the UK... but the difference is astounding... one of the only places they allow smoking is in Parliament, you know... "do as I say, not do as I do..."

I think the biggest thing I noticed once I stopped was the smell... I don't think a smoker can understand how bad they smell until they stop... sorry to those that do, but you do...  :puke:

Biggest helper I can give to those that do and want to stop, but can't, is this...

Add up the cost daily/weekly/monthly/yearly... now think of what you could buy with what you could potentially save... that personal treat, that holiday, that bass... think about it...

Also, never try to remember when you stopped... some people can tell you the day/week/month/second when they stopped... if you "think" about it. it still has you...

Also... I will always be a smoker... I'm just not smoking at the moment... that is pretty much the same for any form of addiction, and for any former addict...  :sad:

Now if this sparks something maybe Dave can peel this off and put it in the (smoke free?) cafe...

If not. it's back to you, Doc...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:40:27 AM by Kenny Five-O »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...