Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Post Your Music!

<< < (91/112) > >>

slinkp:
A friend sent me this 30-second excerpt of Saturday night's gig.... Me approximating Entwistle.  I was appropriately much too loud :)   The band sounded good!
This is the most fun I've ever had with a sinus infection.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/myvelywuk8kcb6m/WRP_the_real_me_2018-05-05_excerpt_IMG_0255.MOV?dl=0

Pilgrim:
Pretty darn nice hot licks there!!   :toast:

4stringer77:
Well done lads. The LPB-1 sounds great and aggressive as it should for an Ox inspired bass line. What was the signal chain for that nice grinding and growly tone?

slinkp:
Thanks!!  I was using my trusty Genz Benz Shuttle through the house cab, an Ampeg 410, I forget which model.  The cab was a bit mushy for my taste. There was a direct out from the preamp, post EQ, to the board.
I've sung the praises of this bass and preamp combo many times here... It just always makes me happy.

I do set the preamp for a touch of overdrive as my normal sound, but for this song I wanted a boost, so I brought my overdrive... a Keeley modded Boss BD2 from back when Robert Keeley used to sell modded pedals. Drive was set somewhere roughly in the middle and I turned down the tone a bit so it wouldn't be too harsh through the direct out. I could tell there was quite a bit of me in the mains because I was hearing quite a bit of subwoofer on the stage. I only had about one minute to tweak knobs before we started so I just had to hope that everything worked out. I think it did!

4stringer77:
Ah, I assumed there was some added spice in the recipe. The more bass the better. Everyone should not have to strain to hear us. Bands sound better when the bassist is heard and not content to cower in the background. Three cheers for the sound man!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version