Author Topic: I hesitate to post this. $45 Thunderbird pickups.  (Read 49440 times)

veebass

• View Profile
Re: I hesitate to post this. $45 Thunderbird pickups.
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »
My pickups are still in China ???

My second attempt have processed through a sort facility at least this time. That was 5 days ago/ Lets hope they make it this time.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
Hey Kenny and Al, glad I could give you a grin! ;D
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2016, 12:53:10 PM »
Onwards to delivery, Comrade!!!

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2016, 12:55:27 PM »
Still waiting for the one they reshipped a week ago!  Should be interesting to see how long it takes to swim over here.  The other two I ordered recently came via DHL in 2 days!  If buying quantity, I wouldn't hesitate to spend a little extra on shipping again.  If they work as advertised, I may be in line for a lot more on down the road.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »
Hey Kenny and Al, glad I could give you a grin! ;D
Keep 'em clean... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2016, 11:57:18 PM »
On the site of EY Guitars they're even cheaper than they are on Ebay...

http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Thunderbird-Bass-Pickup-Vitage-Sytle-for-GibsonChrome_p_2287.html

veebass

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2016, 10:20:25 PM »
The saga of my long awaited set continues.  :bored:
I ordered a set of 8Ks on 12/12/ 15 through eBay (the 9.2 weren't available- that is how long this has been going), they were marked sent on 14/12/15. Delivery due between 1/1/16 and 8/1/16.
I waited till 14/1/16 in view of Xmas and some industrial action at Customs in Australia.
I messaged them on 14/1/16- Eric replied that day that they had fallen foul of the magnetic issue with China Post and had just been returned. He told me they had just resent them and gave me a new tracking number.
The tracking still shows them as being in China, but I thought "no big deal". I waited till today allowing a fortnight and messaged again asking them to follow up.
Eric replied promptly that China Post advised that they are caught up in the snow storms in the USA and hadn't been scanned into the USA because the planes haven't been unloaded, but that all would be good once the weather improves in the US.
I have just messaged them back that I am very concerned to hear that they are held up in the USA, given that I am in Australia, as is clearly shown in the shipping details of the order. I have asked them to definitely confirm for me that the parcel has been sent to the correct address and, if not, to arrange for a set to get to me urgently.
 ;D

veebass

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2016, 10:35:51 PM »
Too funny. Eric has just come back and apologised for "making me a US customer", but assures me the parcel has been sent to the correct address in Australia.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »
On the site of EY Guitars they're even cheaper than they are on Ebay...

http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Thunderbird-Bass-Pickup-Vitage-Sytle-for-GibsonChrome_p_2287.html

Shipping to the US is quite a bit higher when you order from the website. Maybe it's different for Europe.

Too funny. Eric has just come back and apologised for "making me a US customer", but assures me the parcel has been sent to the correct address in Australia.

At least it's headed to the right continent now. Hope you get it soon.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder about this outfit. My first order, according to tracking, still hasn't left China - this after Eric told me i should have them by end of month, which is tomorrow. THAT came after a previous estimate of 3-4 days (!) which was then revised to two weeks. The order was placed on 12/25. In the meantime, eBay has contacted me asking if everything had been resolved or if I wanted to escalate the case. I have until 2/11 to advise them on that.  >:(
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »
I'd contact EY Guitars once more. Chinese parts stores on Ebay are usually scared to death about negative Ebay scores, and very willing to solve the problem.

veebass

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder about this outfit. My first order, according to tracking, still hasn't left China - this after Eric told me i should have them by end of month, which is tomorrow. THAT came after a previous estimate of 3-4 days (!) which was then revised to two weeks. The order was placed on 12/25. In the meantime, eBay has contacted me asking if everything had been resolved or if I wanted to escalate the case. I have until 2/11 to advise them on that.  >:(

Yes. The tracking on the second attempt shows mine processed through Shenzen. The first time the tracking indicated it didn't get that far- which checks out with Erics story.
After his incorrect advice about the US detour, which I believe was just the result of laziness on his part, I told him that I would wait another week, which will have given the second attempt 3 weeks and take it to just under 2 months from the initial order.
I didn't open a Paypal dispute within the 45 days as I could see that pickups were being received by others and it would make little sense to randomly scam people. Risky, I know.
Hopefully the pickups will arrive next week. I understand I have 60 days to open a dispute through eBay. Not sure what good that will do, if it comes to that.
Here's something from eBay I found on the net.
" If it is within 60 days of the initial transaction date and the item was
purchased on eBay, please contact eBay for further information as you
may be able to file a claim with eBay directly. PayPal reserves the
right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180 days if multiple
complaints are received about a single seller. We will notify you if
this is the case."

veebass

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2016, 01:44:24 PM »
I'd contact EY Guitars once more. Chinese parts stores on Ebay are usually scared to death about negative Ebay scores, and very willing to solve the problem.

I saw on another forum, that a couple of guys tried to order more yesterday through eBay and got a message that the seller was on vacation till Feb 12.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
Chinese New Year... makes sense...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »
I've never had a reason to buy from them but they're not scammers. I've seen too many people at TDPRI say positive things about them to think that, and I can't remember ever hearing that someone paid but never got their order. Maybe lazy, maybe incompetent in some cases, maybe it's the postal system there, who knows.

OTOH I wouldn't wait too long before opening a dispute. Some of you might not know that eBay spun off Paypal, they are separate companies as of about last July. If you bought off eBay, you could open a case with either, and the time limits may be different now for each company.