Author Topic: what is this bass? why it's Thunderwmn!!! our newest member  (Read 4972 times)

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: what is this bass? why it's Thunderwmn!!! our newest member
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »
A very hearty , Mary!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »
all due respect to Mark.

he has been and shall remain the reigning player queen in here. i respect his veracity, his honesty and his playing ability and knowledge. its not easy to live the life as honestly as he does even in todays society with those who continue to discriminate.

he cannot be unseated as far as i am concerned and i have always considered him the outpost queen and will always hope that it is either he or some of my good friends that has my back.

;) ;) ;)

Thank You  ;D

And Welcome Mary.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

thunderwmn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 02:22:45 AM »
 :mrgreen:  Thank you Everyone for the warm welcome!  I look forward to getting acquainted with all of you   ;) My band is an all female group called Too Many Shoes.

I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 05:32:29 AM »
:mrgreen:  Thank you Everyone for the warm welcome!  I look forward to getting acquainted with all of you   ;) My band is an all female group called Too Many Shoes.

HA, ha, clever name!  Welcome, it's great to have you here.  Post some of your tunes from the band if you like.  We'd love to hear them.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 05:51:37 AM »
Welcome Mary nice to have you aboard !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »

Good band name!  Welcome, and enjoy!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

thunderwmn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 05:16:42 PM »
You guys are so cool and i'm so glad that Bill told me about this site.  :)

If anyone is interested in hearing some of our original music, please visit www.myspace.com/fatfannyproductions

You will hear some wonderful songs that were written by Tracy Howard (God Rest Her Soul).  She was a brilliant singer and songwriter and our dear friend for many years.  We all miss her very much.  :-[ We recorded and produced the CD project before she passed away in October of 2006. 

Your feedback is most welcome!

I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it!

rockinrayduke

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »
Enjoyed your myspace page. Great tunes and a great tribute to your bandmate. :mrgreen:

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
+1 for Mark and his great sense of humor and as an  endless source of double entendre's 

and Hi and welcome from Oz Mary
Digresion our specialty!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »
Mary (no relation to James Tiberius) Kirk - Ceud Mille Failté from the UK...

Liked the site too, been RUSH'd off my feet for many years, too... sounds like there was a bit of Ann Wilson in Tracey's voice, especially on "Wedding Song" (nice), sorry for your loss...

The "BIG C" is certainly the modern Curse with a capital... lost my dad to non-specific melanoma back in 2001 (and my mum in '92 with another kind) - his doc said that "if he had to choose a cancer, melanoma would probably be the last one on the list..." I guess my insurance rating just slipped a notch or two...

Most of my posts are left field (so left field they mostly get lost in the parking lot, trying to find their way back to some semblance of normality...), but some things are "closer to the heart..."  :sad:

Ok Mary, let's leave this post on a happier "note" (major, not minor chord) - so "Thunderwmn" it is; no doubt, there are some here that will expect you to live up to that name (THUNDER "BIRD"  ;D), with lots of shiny CHROME bits...

Now some might say that "Veronica" may have more balls than the "average girl", and I get on just fine with her, as do all the rest of the guys, but wasn't it Joan Jett who said, "Women got balls, there just a little higher up, that's all..."
... someone else may know better...

I guess you'll be looked out for by many here, sorta like a kid sister (Mark's my BIG sister as she taller than me, but only just...) so don't be a stranger...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 03:28:02 AM »
Welcome aboard, Mary. AFAIK you're the first female member to actually post.

Ouch. That's gonna hurt Mark. And George too. We don't even know where Doug (TAFKA(C)P.) is going either. Yet.

Fräulein Mary, you're most willkommen. Lads, some decorum please! WMN in ze löcker rööm!!!

Uwe

PS: Too many shoes? So you're The Screaming Imeldas by any other name?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 03:13:39 AM »
Sympathy & condolences to you & yours, Mary, for losing Tracy.
She had a cool style & was a good singer/songwriter.

I really like Dana's voice too~ sounds like Chrissie Hynde!

http://www.myspace.com/toomanyshoes

Power to you & your Power Trio!!!