Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 2465 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Thanks!
« on: July 26, 2008, 04:36:38 AM »
Thanks to Dave & Uwe for building/funding this site.

The wealth of knowledge and help here is making this site as good as it was hoped to be, without the negative personal drama or hate that is allowed on many sites.

Let's face it, we are all over opinionated, but we are mature enough to accept each other and respect one another as a "Global" community, which is really what I hoped this place would be.

All we need is a "real" token woman here (sorry Mark!)

Thanks!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:44:28 AM »
It's a pity we get sidetracked on some bass guitar related things on this great WWII Fighter Planes forum.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 06:56:13 AM »
But yeah: Thanks!! :)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 08:32:15 AM »

"All we need is a "real" token woman here (sorry Mark!)"

Hey I'm trying!....... :-[  Look at the bright side with me being the only "girl" we never have to be shy when a thread takes a certain "turn"..............
While I visit some other sites its always here that is my home, you guys are the best. Thanks Uwe and Dave!   

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 08:45:44 AM »
Thanks Dave & Uwe for giving us such a great place to hang!!! I'm ALWAYS jumping on here to check for new threads or responses. I also love the fact that a thread can sometimes take such an odd turn and end up discussing something totally off the original topic.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:53:34 AM »
You're welcome, guys. We're happy to be providing the opportunity. But it's what the members do and say that makes or breaks a forum. I think we're doing well, having fun and staying drama-free.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
.......... and staying drama-free.

:P :P  How can you say this???!!!?? ???   When we have Chris and Mark's months long transcontinental on again off again quasi marriage fiasco to contend with? :gay: :P ;D

And yes, thank you both for doing this - it is a great place to hang.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »

It's all his fault.............. I'm one of those classey broads    ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »
I LOVE THIS PLACE! i check it almost everyday.everyone thats a regular rules,and of course we're over opinionated.thats why we're on a forum in the first place.i think its funny how every thread ends with either WWII planes or anal activities.plus we are world wide.(the site not the anus)we got tech guys,wood workin' dudes,insane bass collections,texans,flocks of 'birds,weird humor,Devo fans,lawyers,skaters(me)experts in just about all genre's of music,restoration magicians,scholars in bass guitar history and the Queen of Thunder.thanks everyone.         -Bryan
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »
It felt a little scattered there for a while Yeah, the drama gets old. Even in the good old days there were two or three bass sites that I frequented with some regularity. One the Outpost got its sea legs I found myself checking the other sites less and less. This isn't a slam on any one of them, just another acknowledgment of how comfortable it feels here.

Thanks to Dave and Uwe for getting the ball rolling, and thanks to everyone for contributing to the feel of the place. Well done!  :)

HornetAMX

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
This place is great.  Thanks Dave and Uwe for making it happen!

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:35 PM »
This is the only forum I check that isn't associated with one particular brand. I feel really comfortable, have made some new friends, and don't feel embarrassed showing off the basses I have guardianship of. I like Dave W's critical eye and the fact that he won't let hearsay be stated as fact. Let me echo the thanks to Dave and Uwe!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »
I think Skate Rat summed it up great ;D  This is a small, extremely diverse crowd with equally diverse talents and a ton of collective knowledge and experience - and that always makes for some interesting conversation.  Thanks guys for making it all possible!

rockinrayduke

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
I got enough drama going offline, don't need any online. I come here to escape, to get info, to hang with friends. :mrgreen:

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 05:19:18 AM »
I don't need no stinkin' drama :P
I just hope we grow a little bit and get some of the technical forums more active.
Add one more THANK YOU to Dave and Uwe :)

Rick