Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Fender Custom shop Lotto telecaster bass

(1/5) > >>

Iome:
Anybody seen this beauties? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Custom-Shop-LOTTO-Telecaster-Bass-N-O-S--581326-i1443114.gc . I wonder how it sounds with those buckers...they shure are far from each other. Anyway, 6000$ are way out of my budget.

Chris P.:
Looks like Fender's answer to the Lakland Decade and I love it!!

Blazer:
Love the way it looks.

Iome:
I wonder wats inside the P.U's, (or in the old ones too) could it be P's under chrome cover with those splitted poles? Anybody??

eb2:
What is inside the old ones is not a P pup at all, but it is built like a conventional guitar humbucker.  Two coils run in series with polarity reversed from each other.  Each coil has two adjustable pole piece screws and two (hidden) pole piece slugs.  I never liked the sound of them, personally.  I know that tonality is subjective, but it was certainly the majority opinion for many years at least.  I would guess that the newer one is at least constructed the same way as it would be cheaper to copy the old molds and tooling than to modify every P coil to fit inside one of those covers.  But maybe not.

I like the color and neck combo as it looks like oddball early 70s Jaguars and Jazzmasters you see on occasion, with the LPB and black blocks.  The body features don't do much.  I think in 6 months to a year, I will be looking forward to seeing one of the necks pop up on ebay for some custom creation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version