Author Topic: Ebay quirkiness  (Read 863 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Ebay quirkiness
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:52:47 AM »
Kensington Expert Mouse (my favorite) slightly overpriced at $15,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kensington-Expert-Trackball-Mouse-/121581450309?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4ed1b445

Why? Because it's special to the seller.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

66Atlas

• View Profile
Re: Ebay quirkiness
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »
Ridonkculous. I wouldn't pay a penny over 14,000 for that trackball.   Unless it has the original packaging.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:23:39 AM »
But does it have the original factory twist-ties on the cable????  :rolleyes:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:24:28 PM »
Residual DNA is a value-added extra...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 06:07:36 PM »
Was previously owned by Elvis...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
Currently $74.32 at Amazon.  But that's for a new one; this one's vintage.   :mrgreen:

Sellers who do this usually have some obvious motive, like driving traffic to their other listings or to a website. This guy just seems to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 05:22:27 AM »
Currently $74.32 at Amazon.  But that's for a new one; this one's vintage.   :mrgreen:

Sellers who do this usually have some obvious motive, like driving traffic to their other listings or to a website. This guy just seems to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

A few fries short and I think  the burger  has pretty much slipped off the bun too ;D.
Rick

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 07:46:45 AM »
On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen unbelievably great deals. About the time I was ready to pull the trigger, I noticed a huge shipping cost to make up the difference. I recall shipping costs of several hundred dollars to make up the price decrease. Add the two together, it was the same price as before.............
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen unbelievably great deals. About the time I was ready to pull the trigger, I noticed a huge shipping cost to make up the difference. I recall shipping costs of several hundred dollars to make up the price decrease. Add the two together, it was the same price as before.............

You don't see that as much any more since eBay now charges final value fees on the total including shipping. Now I would be very suspicious of any seller doing that.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:59:35 AM »
You don't see that as much any more since eBay now charges final value fees on the total including shipping. Now I would be very suspicious of any seller doing that.

I still see it - one of the trackballs I looked at had a $40 shipping fee.  Of course, if someone was careless enough to buy it, as the unscrupulous seller I wouldn't mind having my fee taken out of a pure overcharge.