Author Topic: New stuff from Ampeg !  (Read 923 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Re: New stuff from Ampeg !
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 09:44:39 AM »
Speaking of Ampeg, I played through this adorable thing the other night.  Thunderbird for perspective.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 07:34:54 AM »
Speaking of Ampeg, I played through this adorable thing the other night.  Thunderbird for perspective.

I was close to buying one of those about 12 years ago. Good sound and cool look. I ended up buying a 1x15 Acoustic combo.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 12:04:59 AM »
It's good to see that new products are coming. I am aware people think Yamaha have been to laidback after aquiring Ampeg, but from a service perspective it was a huge leap from day one. I wanted to stop servicing Ampeg because of poor support years back, all that changed after the takeover. Noone stands behind their products like Yamaha, be it a warranty repair or a vintage product. They have helped when I have repaired 50 year old organs or even minidisc decks! So I believe they have put in a lot of work after the takeover, and customers can enjoy both old and new products. What's not to like🙂

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2023, 07:50:18 AM »
It's good to see that new products are coming. I am aware people think Yamaha have been to laidback after aquiring Ampeg, but from a service perspective it was a huge leap from day one. I wanted to stop servicing Ampeg because of poor support years back, all that changed after the takeover. Noone stands behind their products like Yamaha, be it a warranty repair or a vintage product. They have helped when I have repaired 50 year old organs or even minidisc decks! So I believe they have put in a lot of work after the takeover, and customers can enjoy both old and new products. What's not to like🙂

That's really good to hear.  In my experience, everything Yamaha makes is good.  Glad to hear the company is as good as their products.