Author Topic: Just emailed the guy about his Univox bass  (Read 5752 times)

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
Re: Just emailed the guy about his Univox bass
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »
Agreed, the pickups in mine are really not that great.  That's why I bought a pair of the Gretsch Filtertron pickups...they're smaller than the OEM ones, but they should work OK.  As far as I can tell, they're rail types so matching pole pieces to strings doesn't matter.

I just have so much going on that I haven't messed with them. I've figured out how I can mount them temporarily in the original pickup surrounds, than I can have new surrounds custom made if they work out OK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Gretsch-BASS-Filtertron-Pickup-CHROME-/290473848762?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item43a1972fba

bought a pair also after seeing your older thread.  I have about 5 or 6 univoxs in some sort of restoration  - so i will find a home for them.    on the weak side if i remember right.  6-7K each.. also six screws on the bottom so maybe guitar pickups???

a few years ago i was able to get some NOS mosrite pups off feebay.  Not sure they were NOS as he claimed they were hotter but they were in mosrite covers.  one was a HB for the single pup basses.    I can't wait to give them a try also.
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Re: Just emailed the guy about his Univox bass
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 05:19:35 AM »
PM sent.....

Annnnnd, one sent back!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.