Author Topic: Unclear on the concept  (Read 1802 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Unclear on the concept
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »
But if the cliff is 80 miles away and he's driving 80 mph, how long will it take him to reach it?  ;D

Is he eastbound or westbound?   ;)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

fur85

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
She lacks some math skills but that doesn't make her stupid. Marrying that guy, OTOH, was pretty stupid.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 11:39:50 PM »
He's a douche, but she's still unbelievably dumb. I could never live with a girl that stupid, no matter what other skills she had. Seriously.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 06:36:54 AM »
I keep watching this, hoping that I'm missing something and it's all a setup for YouTube. Speaking as someone with less than stellar math skills, math has nothing to do with this one. It is simple common sense and logic that she is so sorely lacking. What really scares me is that it's probably far more representative of their age group - both male and female - than we would like to believe.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 09:21:59 AM »
When I watch that clip, I feel secure in the knowledge that both my daughters are going to have great jobs and great careers.  If they're competing with people like that, their future is assured.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »
Well, gang, methinks we've been snookered:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tchappenings/videos?view=0

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:27 PM »
Well, gang, methinks we've been snookered:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tchappenings/videos?view=0

Have we? I see the video I posted was someone else's reload of the one they originally uploaded to their channel in Dec. 2011. Aside from that, what suggests it's a fake?

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
Have we? I see the video I posted was someone else's reload of the one they originally uploaded to their channel in Dec. 2011. Aside from that, what suggests it's a fake?

I wouldn't call it a fake, but did you have a look at the link I posted? They are certainly taking full advantage of their 15 minutes! T-shirts with the "80 miles" theme, plus a metric ton of videos. This strikes me as more of a "Shit My Dad Says" phenomenon.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »
I wouldn't call it a fake, but did you have a look at the link I posted? They are certainly taking full advantage of their 15 minutes! T-shirts with the "80 miles" theme, plus a metric ton of videos. This strikes me as more of a "Shit My Dad Says" phenomenon.

I did. Considering that the original has over 8 million views now (how did I miss it?) thousands of comments and some video responses, you can hardly blame them for offering t-shirts. Looks to me like they're just having fun goofing around and sharing videos of their life.