Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

No more rosewood from Fender?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Alanko:

--- Quote from: Psycho Bass Guy on April 11, 2017, 02:16:41 PM ---...the one damn place that regulations seem to hit hardest unjustly is the musical instrument community.

--- End quote ---

I dunno man, I'm sure the farming community would like to have a word!

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Alanko on April 12, 2017, 01:13:31 PM ---I dunno man, I'm sure the farming community would like to have a word!

--- End quote ---

Rosewood farmers?

What about dental floss tycoons?

Psycho Bass Guy:

--- Quote from: Alanko on April 12, 2017, 01:13:31 PM ---I dunno man, I'm sure the farming community would like to have a word!
--- End quote ---

I grew up a farmer. In the US, agribuisiness giants eat tons of subsidies and write regulations for Congress, which mostly consist of their right to poison land and legally attack competitors; everything else they're pretty much got rid of.

bassilisk:
Speaking of Rosewood.

Just....Wow!!!!

http://guitars.com/inventory/bm3028-1994-warwick-custom-brazilian-rosewood-thumb-bass-owned-jack-bruce

Chris P.:
A couple of years ago Warwick discovered some old Brazilian rosewood the forgot about and they made three new 'Jack Bruce' basses. One for the museum, one for Jack (just before he died) and a third one, cos they had just enough wood for three. I believe that one was sold for 40,000 dollars to a South-American collector. That one was 201X and never played by JB so this amount isn't that srange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version