Author Topic: Hagstrom 8-string on the 'Bay...  (Read 817 times)

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Hagstrom 8-string on the 'Bay...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
Now that's sweet  8)

Anybody here tried one yet?

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »
No, but I missed a Hagstrom bass for $100 on Denver Craigslist last weekend.....someone beat me to it....Dang!!!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 04:48:10 AM »
I sold my original that I bought new in 1970 a couple of years ago. It was in near perfect condition and I got $700 from a dealer at a guitar show.
Mine was a little different than that one. It was a red sunburst and the body was cut more like an SG , no string thru bridge, and it had some switches for on , off ,front to back and combined  pickups.
Very nice instrument, very different from a 4 string bass in its feel and very different in its applications. There are some instances where you can  play a 4 string bass line and use it to simply replace a 4 string bass, but in genreal its a very different animal and you will play very different bass lines and use a lot of chords. With an amp capable of producing a lot of treble you can get ungodly loud and powerful sounds out of one of these things :o.
Rick