Author Topic: Gibson goes after Warmoth  (Read 3575 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Gibson goes after Warmoth
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »

This is Henry being Henry.    Most litigious person i have ever worked with.  I remember him being proud when talking about all the infringement lawsuits he has filed.     
When he paid out the loan after selling him Baldwin we celebrated big time.   That being said there were some small lawsuits since then but mostly regarding the prior BOD to Henry buying the company  and some employee related stuff.  Now of course that GE Capital have parted ways I hope he sues them big time....

I remember bringing up this with Mike Lull and he basically laughed, Gibson (Henry) doesn't have a leg to stand on at least re the Thunderbird. OTOH Warmoth's T Bird body is no great shakes..............Hardly a loss as far as I'm concerned. 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 11:18:30 PM »
OTOH Warmoth's T Bird body is no great shakes..............Hardly a loss as far as I'm concerned. 

Except maybe for this one they had a couple of years back. Priced too rich for my blood, but a beauty nonetheless.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 09:18:56 AM »
The neck sticks out WAY too far.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »

What Baz said! The pocket rout on that ensures fail. The Warmoth guys showed up at a Seattle Talkbass GTG and when I questioned them about it they admitted it, and said they were thinking about disco'ing it anyway........
That is a nice plank tho.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
I fell in love with that tobacco burst flamed top. I wanted it just to hang on the wall as is.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
 I never had a problem with the Warmoth neck pocket, nice upper register access. I've got long arms, felt good to me.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:27 AM »
Scott Gibbon!  :mrgreen:

I could do that too probably, I can even comfortably play the long deleted Epi Gothic Extreme bass with its shark bite SG Body and a double octave longscale neck thru structure NOT set deep into the body (you don't need to with a neck thru construction, it will still be stable). But that bass' low F is probably outside of the comfortable reach of 95% of bass players. I's sure that its designer had long arms and no one noticed until too late. It was deleted in less than a year.

Or maybe the "Extreme" in its name alluded to extremities ...  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:53:51 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
The neck sticks out WAY too far.

Agreed. Plus, why is it 1-3/4'' thick?