Author Topic: Warwick bridge questions  (Read 3824 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Warwick bridge questions
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 06:00:45 AM »
Yes they do.
I bought a set at Tonefactory.nl, a Dutch webstore for guitar and bass parts.

http://www.tonefactory.nl/gitaar-bas-parts/bruggen/basgitaarbruggen-en-onderdelen?p=4

But I'm sure stores in the USA have them too.

They have them in different widths for different string spacing.
A nice feature is that the studs are locked down to prevent tilt if you raise the bridge higher.

It's a nice looking bridge.  Not cheap though.  I like Scott's bridge better for its vintage looks.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »
Depends how high the fingerboard protrudes from the body.

I figured so. This one does look nicer to me than the Warwick, but slinkp might run into the same situation as with the Warwick.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 11:25:00 AM »
I do like the look of Scott's bridge a lot too, and the Duesenberg too.  Thanks, I didn't know about that one.

But... hmm. One of the appealing things about Warwick is adjusting the string spacing.
I've tweaked my LPB1 to slightly narrower than Fender width (I have not attempted to measure it) and I like that spacing a lot.

Speaking of which,  Dr. B mentioned the Schaller roller bridge.  This one?

That looks a lot like the bridge on the LPB1!  Is it the same?

Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »

But... hmm. One of the appealing things about Warwick is adjusting the string spacing.
I've tweaked my LPB1 to slightly narrower than Fender width (I have not attempted to measure it) and I like that spacing a lot.

The Duesenberg bridge has width adjustable saddles too.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 07:16:02 PM »
I do like the look of Scott's bridge a lot too, and the Duesenberg too.  Thanks, I didn't know about that one.

Speaking of which,  Dr. B mentioned the Schaller roller bridge.  This one?

That looks a lot like the bridge on the LPB1!  Is it the same?

Yes, that's the Schaller  Gibson used on some LP basses.  A great bridge for the money.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 07:34:30 PM »
There's also the Schaller 2000 which is a newer design that hasn't caught on as much as the Schaller roller bridge but has an even wider range of string spacing adjustment. It's also low profile. I had one on a bass I later sold with its original bridge; I sold the 2000 to Ken for one of his projects.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 07:58:17 PM »
I think if I go with a one-piece bridge I will probably use the new-old-stock Gotoh 206 I have in a drawer here...
like this one but chrome:

I didn't know much about it when I got it, but it was $31 in the box on ebay and it also allows adjusting width.
The photo shows it rear-loaded but you can also top-load it, which I would do.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy