Author Topic: The Racquetball returns ...  (Read 998 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
The Racquetball returns ...
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »
"Squeezing a racquetball is tremendous for hand and finger strength---Every bassist should always have a few "close at hand"."

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Lifestyle/Lessons/InstrumentLessons/Essential%20Insights%20For%20The%20Bas/

Come back Jeff Berlin, all is forgiven!!!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: The Racquetball returns ...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:24:38 PM »
Oh, brother.  :rolleyes:

And what about this gem:

I believe you should always play your bass in "standard tuning". If you absolutely have to play notes lower than your low E string, I would get a 5 string bass for these situations. Tuning down means the notes on the bass change (I like seeing the notes as they really are...

If you tune down, the notes aren't really the notes? Gimme a break!  :rolleyes:

I'm sure he's well-intentioned, and every instructor has his quirks, but sometimes it's a bit much to read stuff like this.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:09:33 PM »
sqeezing a racquetball sounds like a good way to get tendonitis.and polish your bass once a week? Never! dirt don't hurt
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 07:39:31 PM »
"I can't tell you how much I learned just by studying the fretboard while my bass was on its guitar stand"