Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

The Unobtainables (car content)

<< < (5/5)

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Freuds_Cat on February 19, 2009, 04:15:52 PM ---Dave, I bow to your far superior knowledge of the vast array of American cars.

--- End quote ---

Trust me, I'm no authority.  :)  I do remember when I first started reading car magazines and saw the Holdens, I wondered if they got some of GM's discontinued American tooling. They did look like some of the circa-1950 American GM cars.

Freuds_Cat:
Quite possibly although I think the 50's Holdens were a lot shorter than the US counterparts.
The original 138 CI straight six motors in them were Vauxhall from the UK which I'm pretty sure is also a GM brand.

rahock:
WTF,,,,, they went and put the steering wheel on the wrong side ;D ;)
Rick

Barklessdog:

--- Quote from: Freuds_Cat on February 19, 2009, 04:15:52 PM ---Dave, I bow to your far superior knowledge of the vast array of American cars.

John, You sure its a Holden? The main car in Mad Max is a Ford Falcon. Although the Nightriders car in the movie is a Holden HQ Monaro.

Your right it was a Ford Falcon

http://www.aussiecoupes.com/max.html

The original Interceptor was created using a 1973 Ford XB GT Falcon Hardtop (XB GT Falcon Coupe) as the base vehicle. For the first movie a wing was added to the roof and trunk lid. Wheel opening flares were grafted on and a complete new nose cone was added. These were the major changes to the body of the car.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version