Author Topic: this looks one of my old ones!  (Read 2998 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
this looks one of my old ones!
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:57:49 PM »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: this looks one of my old ones!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:05:17 AM »
this looks like one of my old plates, nice price too, lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-GIBSON-EB-3-BASS-USA-ROTARY-SWITCH-PLATE-/400624876012?pt=Guitar&hash=item5d471a79ec

Let's hope he gets it!  You could use that kinda scratch!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:53:11 AM »
do you think I have been underpricing the plates? the new ones are going to be much closer to the originals!
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »
I think you could try a higher price with "make an offer" to test the market.  It's hard to judge without seeing what people might bid or offer.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 06:47:26 PM »
I think you could try a higher price with "make an offer" to test the market.  It's hard to judge without seeing what people might bid or offer.

I agree only the market will tell you where the real price sets.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 03:52:13 AM »
Depends on the marketing... seller is inferring this is a '65 part, but is it...? NOS and repro's will sell differently... someone who wants a replacement as close to the original as possible would be much more interested in yours at the "right price", unless they want pristine original, but that's for the elitists...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
this is some very good advice, thank you. think I will try an auction then a make an offer. I probably sold 150 of those things on the first type and sent them all over the world. I actually got to the point I was tired of making them.

now if I can sell some of the new type, I will use the money to help build my hot rod. I have been working on the motor and am about 90% done collecting parts for the engine which is the most expensive part but that subject should go into a different thread.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 06:46:01 AM »
I think I have one of your old ones (from a couple of years ago).
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »
I think I have one of your old ones (from a couple of years ago).

to be quite frank, I never had one of the original ones when I decided to make them. I simply looked at some old pictures, guessed at the fonts, the size and measurements, then made them, lol.

at least this time I did some research, bought an original and sent it to Sandy to see if she could duplicate it. she made some original fonts that duplicate the originals as closely as she could and sent me the prototype well over a year ago. I came back to Missouri to visit some grandkids and left my press and die in Texas along with the prototype of the second type never expecting to stay up here. then I got really ill in January just before I was going back to Texas. just this last September I got to go back and bring as much of my things back up to Missouri as I could fit on the truck. my press and the second prototype were among the items I brought back. I did get my instruments and my computer along with most of my clothes.

so that is the short story. I have come from being in a wheelchair and on oxygen constantly to being able to walk, drive and almost act normal. it has taken almost a year to be able to get back that much. I still have to go to dialysis three times a week and the Dr. says I am not a very good candidate for a transplant simply because of the medications I would have to take the rest of my life. it seems the anti-rejection meds are like being on chemo the rest of my life and I am not willing to be that knocked down for the rest of my life. so here I am almost as fuzzy tailed as ever and off oxygen during the daylight chasing the ladies as ever, lol.

I had to break up with Franny as she has all her property and things in Texas and since then I have again seen and broke up with that little model from London. (I don't think she is right in the head even though she is easy on the eyes and richer than hell!) the Texas thing is that I am not willing to drive almost 100 miles each way three times a week to get hooked up to some infernal machine. so like my caption says, I set on the porch playing, singing and have decided to give Carlo heck as he is such a good chap. that's my job.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:59:53 AM by sniper »

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
So good to hear you're feeling better.  Take care and have a healthy new year!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »
Yeah, good that you're better, keep taking it slow and easy.