Author Topic: pups  (Read 1310 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
pups
« on: June 10, 2009, 07:52:50 AM »
i don't know if i am out of line on the pricing here or not? these are some nice pups though.

oops

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130311831597

duh
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:01:43 AM by old puppy »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: pups
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:55:33 AM »
What pups?   ???
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »
If no one bids, then you are.

Seem reasonable to me,

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:03:53 AM »
With regular TB plus pickups going for less than half that, the price seems a little high but you never know. That's a specialized pickup so if someone really needed it for a project they may go for it. I'd love to have one of those for my EB3L project; then I wouldn't have to find a way to fill that HUGE hole in the middle of the body!

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »
hmmm maybe a bit high huh? didn't know one could get TB Plus OTC anymore, but these are a set, thanks George. if i don't get any bids i will lower them a bit. i do have others i would sell IM me an offer if you want a 60's, a 70's with ring (the pup is NOS) but the ring is not NOS. GOT has called dibs on the model G Dimarzio (old four wire one) NOS. they are all packed and moved right now along with most of the other pups ... so they will have to wait until they get unpacked.

let me see what they bring for an offer. thanks guys.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »
I think that is ok.  First, you can't get Gibson to sell the damn things with the EB cover/setup.  And the lead pup is hard to find with the Gibson plastic - or hard to get as a real Gibson thing.  With the ring yet.  So the pair together for $250 is a little bit more than I would pay but if someone wanted and needed that stuff, where else are you going to get it?  How much is a DiMarzio Model One or the Artec stuff? 
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 11:50:54 AM »
Could be cool in an EB2!!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »
One thing to consider is that the regular bird pickups and the chrome TB Plus pickups come up pretty regularly. I haven't seen any of the EB/SG versions come up at all, so there's a premium for that. Plus, you are selling a set, so as long as you're not in a hurry I think you'll get what you want out of them. If someone's looking to restore their EB3 but wants the modern pickup, that's the ticket right there...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »
Could be too high, just depends on how bad somebody wants a set.

True, you don't see the SG Bass version of the TB Plus come up often, I can't remember seeing one offered before. Is there a demand? Time will tell.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »
I'm not complaining about that huge hole in your EB3L, George...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...