Author Topic: My Band has a new 7" record out  (Read 3697 times)

Andrew

• View Profile
My Band has a new 7" record out
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:04:35 AM »

Hey guys,
Please excuse the shameless plug, but one of the bands I play in has a new VINYL 7" record out now. The band is called All Through A Life. Yeah, I know, vinyl, the format of medieval times, but the punk rock kids still love vinyl, so there you go. I don't think there are many vinyl fans here, or fans of angry, screamy hardcore punk music, but if you're curious you can check it out at:

www.clue2records.com

and our myspace is at www.myspace.com/allthroughalife

Thanks!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: My Band has a new 7" record out
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
Hey guys,
Please excuse the shameless plug, but one of the bands I play in has a new VINYL 7" record out now. The band is called All Through A Life. Yeah, I know, vinyl, the format of medieval times, but the punk rock kids still love vinyl, so there you go. I don't think there are many vinyl fans here, or fans of angry, screamy hardcore punk music, but if you're curious you can check it out at:

www.clue2records.com

and our myspace is at www.myspace.com/allthroughalife

Thanks!

Great song!

You can call me as a fan of Screaming Punk!  I wish I had a turntable.

Anyway to download it/ purchase it digitally?

Nice bass work- what bass are you using?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 01:48:35 PM »
Ooh. Both thumbs up, Andrew.

A welcome change of pace from Ann Wilson and Axl Rose wannabes.

nofi

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 04:42:25 PM »
count me as a vinyl lover. my great joy is searching for stuff everywhere i can.  i just can't like cds and boy i have tried. buying a cd would be way easier sometimes.  they just seem like disposable toys with questionable sound to me.  i have more turntables than basses. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:32:16 AM by nofi »

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
I ONLY BUY VINYL. i have plenty of cd's,mp3's and even tapes.but they were all freebees.i only buy vinyl.
pretty good band too.how much for a 7"?
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 04:04:17 AM »
Heya Andrew~
Fierce bass sound ya got there, my fellow lefty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 04:22:15 AM »
Is that a Ric on there?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »
My bet is a Lakland.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 05:21:36 AM »
 Cool I'll give it a listen once I get my speakers hooked back up !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
I'm a fan of the dischord/DC stuff too- used to play in a band in that vein.  I like that track you got up on myspace.

I'm curious about the gear too, but also how you recorded it (sounds like mic'd cab?).  I love the tone, and the way it gets that hollow/ethereal texture when you climb up to the middle register in the beginning.

Wish I still had my turntable   :-[ 

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »
I don't think there are many vinyl fans here, or fans of angry, screamy hardcore punk music, but if you're curious you can check it out at:

Funny but back in the original punk days, the musicians sucked, they could not play for shite. All they did was yell at the audience and spit & shout obscenities while jumping around.

Your band is so tight and very high musicianship yet still has that reckless punk feel. I had to listen to it several times, I liked it so much.

Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 12:04:08 AM »
I ONLY BUY VINYL. i have plenty of cd's,mp3's and even tapes.but they were all freebees.i only buy vinyl.
pretty good band too.how much for a 7"?

You can buy it at www.clue2records.com, with paypal or snailmail cash or m.o., and it's $5.75 shipped. It was pressed on super thick vinyl, so unfortunately it exceeds 100 grams, and has to post as the next highest post rate.Though you can also get it from No Idea or Ebullition in the states.

A few people have asked if it's a Rickenbacker, but it's actually a P-Bass. My SVT died literally as I turned it on to record ( :sad: ), so i had to use an EBS Fafner in a pinch. It's not quite the tone I wanted, but it's in the ballpark. My signal chain was P-Bass>Budda Phatbass (always on)>E-H Bass Microsynth (set for distortion only)>EBS Fafner amp>Bergantino NV610 cab, and yes the cab was mic'ed.

Thank you all very much guys for your kind words.

Chromiuim if you have any recordings of your Discord-ish band I'd like to hear them.

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 03:42:37 AM »
another fan of Dischord here, lots of great bands on that label.  great job, Andrew!  hope it does well for ya!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »
Chromiuim if you have any recordings of your Discord-ish band I'd like to hear them.

I had put a few things up on youtube, but be warned - the audio is pretty crappy.  Ripped to digital from 15+ year old cassettes.  I still have vinyl of some of the stuff, but don't have anything to play it on at the moment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKV65HLKFV8&feature=related

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »
Cool recording Joe.

If I would ever be in a band again this is the kind of music I would enjoy playing now.

I ordered All Through A Life vinyl Lp