Author Topic: American Vista  (Read 541 times)

PhilT

• View Profile
American Vista
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
I hope no one will object to this blatant plug, but I feel like I've maybe hovered around here long enough to get away with it.

My son has lived in the US for 10 years and has been working to establish himself as a photographer, based in New York. He's come up with a slightly crazy idea for a project, which is to travel across the US taking pictures that he calls panoramic portraits and documenting the trip and the people he meets along the way. Problem is funds and he now has the project up on Kickstarter, which is a social networking site that basically puts artists in touch with potential backers. Please take a look and if you feel its something you could help with, he will, as he says, be eternally grateful. If not, that's ok too. And obviously the more people that see this the more chance it has, so please spread the word. Thanks.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/338637167/american-vista

http://www.jamestrory.com/americanvista/

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: American Vista
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
He's got a nice touch - I love stitching shots together...

Wish him well and I hope he get's was he wants...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »
I like his work. I posted this to my Facebook account. I don't know that it will drive much traffic to him but maybe a few of my friends will pass it on and so on...

PhilT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:34:11 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, and yes Facebook is a great way to get it around. It all helps.