Author Topic: Music news from North Korea  (Read 479 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Music news from North Korea
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »
This happened last month, first I've heard of it: North Korea executes musicians

Almost beyond comprehension. Remember this the next time you see that shithead Dennis Rodman acting like Kim Jong-un is his buddy.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Music news from North Korea
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 03:34:42 AM »
That's a South Korean report, Dave, I advise to take it with a pinch of salt. Sounds a bit like the old "Iraqi soldiers ripping Kuwaiti babies out of incubators and killing them". They did not as the US State Department admitted about ten years later.

Last death at the Korean border was a South Korean. Shot by South Koreans as he tried to make his way to the North. Those two countries use every trick in the book to defame each other.

That is not to say that horrible things might not be happening in North Korea, but this here sounds a bit carried away to me. All western reports I have read about it have only credited that one South Korean newspaper with it. That is not thorough journalism.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Music news from North Korea
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »
The South Korean article cited Chinese sources. You could be right, it could be propaganda, but it's hard to have multiple verifications when the society is as secretive as North Korea.