Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

'74 Tele project and another Vintera II Tele Bass

<< < (3/4) > >>

godofthunder:
You guys might enjoy this, Black Sheep's Payn' Your Dues. There are not many examples of the 70s Telecaster bass on a recordings from the time but I find this to be a particularly good example.  The wide range pickup displays what it is capable of in the studio and Bruce Turgon plays some tasty upper register licks.
  As a side note I have had the opportunity to work with both Donnie Mancuso and Lou Gramm in the past and I am subbing on bass with Donnie in a few weeks and get to play this song, I'm really looking forward to it.  [MEDIA=youtube]2m8lq7xk0eg[/MEDIA]

gearHed289:
Link was messed up. Here it is. Sounds good. Never heard of these guys. Gramm was a helluva singer.

godofthunder:
Thanks for fixing!

Alanko:
Two examples of WRHB Tele basses that I think of:

and...

Alanko:
A question for Mr Dasson.

Did the Vintera pickguard have the same screw hole pattern as the vintage body? I want a black pickguard on my Vintera Tele bass and my usual pickguard supplier only has a 1974 Tele bass pickguard template on file. They've sent me a PDF of it, but it might be a faff to reprint it at scale as the scan is in two parts and looks like a photograph of a pickguard sitting on a cutting mat. A user on Talkbass suggests a good number of the pickguard screw holes are in different positions, based on their own investigations, per: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/71-79-telecaster-bass-with-wrhb-pickup-recreation-with-twists.1650654/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version