Author Topic: Heading for Breckenridge!  (Read 2159 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Heading for Breckenridge!
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
This coming week is the only week in 8 months that my wife and I could find for a vacation...so in about an hour we're headed to Breckenridge, Colorado for a bit of R&R.  Their ski season opened yesterday and there's a winter storm coming in this afternoon.  Our skis and boots are loaded in the car.  Breckenridge is at 9600 feet, and our favorite ski lift drops us off about 11,400 feet.  LOTS of vertical drop.  I even bought my first-ever pair of new ski boots for this event! 

And Breck is a lovely place to be when it's snowing...

New boots....they double-wrap over my left shin, where I have a steel plate from an old motorcycle wreck...

Will be back mid-week.  I'll check in time to time.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Heading for Breckenridge!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »

Hey! Is that Ritchie Blackmore in that pic?
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »
Mark, you are a very bad person and should know better than to infer Mr Blackmore was hanging out in Colorado...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
we plan to meet Ritchie in the bar and watch the WSU game together in a couple of hours.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »
we plan to meet Ritchie in the bar and watch the WSU game together in a couple of hours.

Can he ski with those "Gandalf goes to the Renaissance Festival" boots he's been wearing of late? ;D

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 08:41:19 AM »

They Coug'd it again Al  :sad:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »
They Coug'd it again Al  :sad:

'Tis a long, long season, Mark.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »

Apple Cup winner is all that matters  ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »

Apple Cup winner is all that matters  ;)

Truth in its purest form!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
I never knew Mr B was a fan...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »
Anyone who has watched ESPN Gameday on Saturday during the past 9 years has seen the Cougar flags waving behind the commentators.  Many people of discerning taste are Coug fans.  Why not Mr. B, a man of taste?

Here's how you do it when you're REAL FANS....check this feature from three years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnUgQ02PrPg&feature=related