Author Topic: Non Reverse Project Bass!  (Read 4940 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Non Reverse Project Bass!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »
Bummer... we were there in '03 and had a great day...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »

My what hairy knees you have Kenny  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »
... compared to your pins...  ;D
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:25 PM »
There's nothing to see any more. NASA let a private company take over the Cape's public tourism and management a few years back and compared to even Huntsville, AL, it sucks and is SUPER expensive. They don't even have any rocket mock-ups other than the ones outside the front entrance aside from an inaccessible full-scale shuttle. If you can be on Cocoa Beach during a rocket launch, you'll have a much better "space" experience.
Yep.  I'm just a few miles from Johnson Space Center here in the Houston area and they created "Space Center Houston" many years back - one word used to describe is farce!  Like Psycho mentioned very pricey and other than the rocket park and the consolation prize shuttle mock up not a lot to see.  It's a hoot to see a hundred people being driven around the center in a tram as the driver/guide points out which nondescript office building has what in it.  The only thing cool about the tram ride is you get to see mission control.  When I was a kid you could take a self guided tour and you could actually see stuff.  Keep in mind that I went to school thousands of NASA brats and third grade show and tell might be a kid with an actual Apollo helmet, moon boots or the like - these kids fathers were designing and building the things.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 04:14:34 PM »
My neighbors took their grandkids to Huntsville and were very impressed. IIRC their oldest grandson won some sort of academic contest that paid for the trip.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
For a while i believe that a Disney offshoot was running the JSC operation.  Everyone had high hope for some rides, there are hundreds of acres of unused land, like Space Mountain.  Sadly nothing became of it.  Everyone we know that has been to this one is underwhelmed and I'm told that a half day is about all you can make out of it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 03:48:12 AM »

My what hairy knees you have Kenny  ;)

And he doesn't get much sun, does he? It's only a fine line between albion and albino.  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »

And he doesn't get much sun, does he? It's only a fine line between albion and albino.  :mrgreen:

Well, no criticism there from me........
Aside from arms getting a "farmer's tan" I really avoid a lot of Sun myself, no doubt easier to do in the U.K.  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »

Well, no criticism there from me........
Aside from arms getting a "farmer's tan" I really avoid a lot of Sun myself, no doubt easier to do in the U.K.  ;)

You may have to stay inside on both days that it's sunny!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
You may have to stay inside on both days that it's sunny!

Actually it's been a great Spring her in Seattle, we had 70 dergrees on Easter - I'm home sick today but it's glorious outside......

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 02:11:04 PM »
We have sun over here; it's above the clouds, that's all... ;D

... It's only a fine line between albion and albino.  :mrgreen:

Same letters, just a differing order... it's the fear of sunburn between here and the shed that does it for me... :o :o :o ;D

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 05:18:33 PM »

Actually it's been a great Spring her in Seattle, we had 70 dergrees on Easter - I'm home sick today but it's glorious outside......

I kid, I kid.  Seattle and the sound are absolutely glorious on sunny days - of which there are more than rumor would have you believe.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »
I tried to get the guy to sell me the nickel pickup for $200.00...apparently he sold it today for $1,000....oh well...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 06:54:57 AM »
 Just back from Fla we had a blast! Geeze the auction was supposed to run for 29 days, I thought I'd have some time to think about it. I was going to offer 1,200 but it's just as well!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird