Author Topic: Gibson Nonreverse pickups  (Read 583 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Gibson Nonreverse pickups
« on: November 05, 2022, 04:17:16 AM »
   So a little bird has told me the 2021 60s spec Nonreverse Thunderbirds have been so well received that the pickups are going to be available for individual sale. No solid date of availability but I'm doing some recon today. 8)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson Nonreverse pickups
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 04:54:49 AM »
That would be great.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 04:43:52 PM »
About time Gibson started selling bass spare parts. i don't even know since when that ever happened so good news.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 07:08:54 AM »
About time Gibson started selling bass spare parts. i don't even know since when that ever happened so good news.

The black plastic cover TBird Plus pickups were available for a few years in the early 2000s.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 09:12:14 AM »
   I'm being told that the NR 60s pickups will be available in early '23 no pricing as of yet. The Nonreverse Thunderbird will continue in production in '23 but no Reverse Thunderbirds or Firebirds are planned for the immediate future. The reverse guitars are complicated to make and Gibson flat out doesn't the production capacity at the moment.  Long term plans for the Thunderbird and Firebird line do include vintage spec versions but that will be sometime in the furture. I should live so long   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 09:42:16 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 09:17:07 AM »
   I'm being told that the NR 60s will be available in early '23 no pricing as of yet. The Nonreverse Thunderbird will continue in production in '23 but no Reverse Thunderbirds or Firebirds are planned for the immediate future. The reverse guitars are complicated to make and Gibson flat out doesn't the production capacity at the moment.  Long term plans for the Thunderbird and Firebird line do include vintage spec versions but that will be sometime in the furture. I should live so long   :rolleyes:

I think I should try and sell that 2018 left-handed Thunderbird, then, and be done with it.  Probably no more left-handed ones from Gibson.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 08:34:59 PM »
Great news, Scott! Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »
The black plastic cover TBird Plus pickups were available for a few years in the early 2000s.

Yes, must have been early 2000s. A Swedish native friend of mine lived in North Carolina a few years and ordered a set of guitar sized TB Plus pickups for me through the local music store around 2003. They never showed up and we got the usual: "Come back again in a few weeks". After about 9 months I contacted Gibson myself and the answer was basically: "We don't sell any bass parts unless they're attached to the entire bass guitar". I cancelled the order and got the deposit back.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 09:10:53 AM »
Wow, someone at Gibson must actually be paying attention to the bass market. I've been seeing more and more 'bird pups on other basses over the past few years. Smart of them to finally get in on the action.