Author Topic: Renaissance SCB  (Read 2759 times)

chromium

• View Profile
Renaissance SCB
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:45:11 PM »
Thanks to that Spellbinder at the Low End, I got to thinking about another (partially) composite bass that always intrigued me - the lucite-bodied Renaissance SCBs:

Has anyone here had (or played) one?

HornetAMX

Re: Renaissance SCB
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »
I had one of those.  Very heavy basses!  I traded this bass for it. (see if you can identify it)

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
Ah the highly coveted Peavey Verdine White!   :mrgreen:  Not a big Sarzo fan?  Never played the Rudy Sarzo before, but I like my old Dynabass.  It's the only bass I have that's worth less than I paid for it  :)  (bought it new)

I was curious how the Renaissance sounded, and also what the neck profile was like?

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »
Now you've gone and got me curious on this Peavey.  Verdine is listed as a sig endorser w/Peavey (I never knew that), but I can't find a pic of his bass.  Is that really his sig bass up above??

That begs the question - has anyone ever seen Verdine White and Rudy Sarzo in the same place at the same time?  Or are they in fact the same person??

;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 02:53:13 PM by chromium »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:44 PM »
That begs the question - has anyone ever seen Verdine White and Rudy Sarzo  Or are they in fact the same person??

;D

They look almost like twins!  :o

While you're at it, figure out if Rick Derringer and Suzi Quatro have ever been seen in the same room at the same time. Or Dee Snider and Sarah Jessica Parker. Or Sarah Jessica Parker and Trigger.

HornetAMX

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
It's been so long I can't quite recall the sound of the Renaissance bass.  It did have 2 of the DiMarzio P pickups with a Haz Lab preamp.  I remember it being quite bright.  The neck profile reminded me of a P bass for some reason.

The Sarzo/White bass was actually a bass that White used according to the Peavey Forum.  I asked lots of questions about the bass and it shows up as a regular Sarzo in their serial number databass, but they did say Verdine used a couple of them and had his name put on them.  A guy in Austin still has the bass and he's the one that traded me the Renaissance Bass.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Thanks for the info on the Renaissance.

I found a shot of Verdine (or... is it really RUDY!  ??? ) on his Peavey:

Kinda trippy seeing two artists have nearly identical signature basses.  Makes me wonder how that all came about.  Maybe Verdine's a big Whitesnake fan!