Author Topic: Uke !  (Read 803 times)

morrow

• View Profile
Uke !
« on: August 16, 2020, 07:52:52 AM »
A uke Bass just popped up on the local kijiji . I've had an Ashbory for around a year now , it's a guilty pleasure , fun to play .
This looks like it could be too .
Already got far too much stuff . Herself , when showed the ad said " well that's cute"

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 07:58:19 AM by morrow »

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Uke !
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 02:37:32 AM »
I love those basses, but I hate the feel of the strings. Earlier this year I visited Napoli, Italy and I went to Galli Strings. Together with Kala they developed a flatwound (roundwound too, if I'm right) steel string for the Kala with a nylon core. I took a set and I love it. it feels much more natural, less sticky and it's easier if you are used to flats.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:23:17 AM »
I've had an Ashbory for a while now and it has those big white Thundergut strings . So I'm quite used to them .
The uke landed today . Strings are stretching , they'll settle down in a couple of days . Has a lovely big soft thump .
I've been surprised by how much I play the Ashbory so this will be a guilty pleasure . This is just a cheap Chinese thing , not an expensive one .Perfect for my requirements .
I like it !

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »
Ive had a Kala for several years and it is fun to play . Id love to look into some of those strings. I bet its a great improvement.
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed