Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Photobucket Alert

<< < (2/17) > >>

Pilgrim:
Good idea, Granny G. I own http://colocougs.org and could set up photo hosting for that purpose. I plan to have that site for a long time. I have long been irritated by Hostmonster.com, and am migrating the site to GoDaddy at present. Not sure I will like them better, but every time I have a problem on Hostmonster, I spend an hour with tech support while they tell me why I can't do what I want to do. Hopefully GoDaddy is more responsive and helpful.

I have a LOT of stuff on Photobucket but their site has become increasingly irritating with a deluge of ads that cover content and prevent quick access.  Unfortunately I also have many links to those files.

I guess I'll need to migrate the rest of the stuff to GoDaddy, then add photo hosting.

chromium:
Photobucket has been a hot mess for a while.  The constant barrage of spam/ads renders it borderline unusable, and I can't see how that would entice anyone to ante up for a paid service.  I suspect they will fade into oblivion with this move, or get bought out for the name and resurrected by someone else.

I switched over to imgur.com, which seems to work well.  Google Photos might be a good alternative too, although I haven't tried it yet (I do like Goolge Drive for cloud storage).

chromium:
At this very instant, here's what the Photobucket landing page looks like.  LOL

$399/year my a**!

Dave W:
I should clarify that your photos are still on Photobucket (at least for now), you just can't hotlink/embed on another site. If you can't pay them $399 at one whack, you can pay monthly for only $39.99/mo.  :o  By comparison, plenty of webhosts offer unlimited storage space for well under half of that.

Joe is right, Imgur is free and you can hotlink. I just signed up. Haven't moved anything yet but here's a random Canada Day pic hosted on Imgur.

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: chromium on July 01, 2017, 12:39:02 PM ---At this very instant, here's what the Photobucket landing page looks like.  LOL

$399/year my a**!

--- End quote ---

That's a browser issue, not the site itself - however, it is indeed loaded with ads and very slow to respond. If I can't hotlink to it, I have no use for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version