Author Topic: Little Feat  (Read 959 times)

nofi

• View Profile
Little Feat
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:16 AM »
a little sampler of this great band.

lowell appers kind of 'wonky here'. check our gradny's bass.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 06:48:30 AM by nofi »
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

patman

• View Profile
Re: Little Feat
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
One of my favorite bands, although when I saw them, Lowell looked like he was so drunk, all he did was lean back against his amp.  Paul Barrere did all of the singing that night.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
I always try to appreciate them - good musicians and such, but a bit like Steely Dan they are sometimes too smart to really grab me. Or maybe I'm too dumb.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 02:53:21 AM »
There is some great material in their repertoire but I tend to agree with you there, as with S'Dan... only time I saw them (never saw S'Dan) was supporting the Who back in '76...

Dixie has a nice but simple bass line... played that with one band...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

hieronymous

• View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
I started listening to them after college ('90s) - they had made their comeback - even played at my college one year - but at that time I wasn't aware of them so didn't pay attention. Listened mostly to the old stuff. My band even had the opportunity to open for them - it was an acoustic show in New Hampshire. For some reason, my band (Jiggle the Handle) got a really warm reception - well, my guitarist was amazing and the keyboardist was on that night. I think it was my drummer or a friend of the band overheard the Little Feat keyboardist (Bill Payne) complain that my keyboardist had stolen all his licks! We thought that was funny - it was probably true!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:37:25 AM »
Little Feat was one of those bands that critics and musicians loved, but never seemed to hit popularity.  They did put out a great live album, Waiting for Columbus, where a full horn section really fleshed out the band.  I would compare Little Feat to Los Lobos, with some excess baggage that got in their way.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 09:37:44 AM »
My band would like to play Spanish Moon, but I have never listened to Little Feat and so far I've had problems catching the pattern of the bass line.  I'm not usually that dense, but something about it perplexes me.  Good tune, though.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."