Author Topic: Broken NBD Epi classic Thunderbird  (Read 2487 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Broken NBD Epi classic Thunderbird
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
  Arrived with a busted headstock. Box was oversize with minimal packing materials, one corner of the box was blown out. MF is feeling the pressure.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Broken NBD Epi classic Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »

Tell them to send you a new one after you prove it with pics - Get an authorization to "field destroy" the damaged one, then use it to make another 7enderbird!  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »
Tell them to send you a new one after you prove it with pics - Get an authorization to "field destroy" the damaged one, then use it to make another 7enderbird!  ;)

Sounds like a good idea!

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
Howcum you went mail order vs your local haunt? The prices are all pretty much the same, and if one is having a sale, the others will often match the number.
BTW, Sam Ash has some of those available as B-Stock for around $350...
http://www.samash.com/epiphone-thunderbird-classic-iv-pro-bass-b-stock-ebtcvsbh2
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
 House of Guitars doesn't have one and I don't feel like driving out the the GC. This will work itself out I'm not worried just annoyed.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:33 AM »
Modern times: Replacing a broken one then and now comes cheaper than packaging each and every one well.  :-\ Fingers crossed for the next one. What does the wood on the broken one look like?

You do know that you won't have to saw that one for better upper register access, Scott?  8) It already has it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 06:21:43 AM »
House of Guitars doesn't have one and I don't feel like driving out the the GC. This will work itself out I'm not worried just annoyed.

Bummer.  At least they will probably stand behind it. 
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »
UPS authorized field destroy.Says I can toss it out or keep it. Musicians friend has already been paid but they are demanding I return it or pay 200 for it. They say since the claim only paid$100 that they need the bass to recoup thier losses
How is it my problem the under insured the bass? They accepted the claim I would presume that in doing so they forfeit claim to the merchandise. Any thoughts?

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
UPS authorized field destroy.Says I can toss it out or keep it. Musicians friend has already been paid but they are demanding I return it or pay 200 for it. They say since the claim only paid$100 that they need the bass to recoup thier losses
How is it my problem the under insured the bass? They accepted the claim I would presume that in doing so they forfeit claim to the merchandise. Any thoughts?

You aren't getting anything from UPS, you're getting it from MF.  Either a refund or another bass makes you whole.  When MF figures how much insurance to purchase they take into account the salvage value of damaged goods.  Their deal with UPS probably gives them cash plus the returned goods.

It's similar to when an insurance company 'totals' your brand new car and pays you what it was worth.  You can't keep the wreck without paying salvage value.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Carlo.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »
You're welcome, Scott.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »
Yep. UPS authorized its destruction b/c they have no use for it, but it's MF's bass to destroy or keep since they're refunding your money.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 08:48:41 AM »
Oh boy I really let MF have it because UPS told me I could keep it or destroy it. Guess I'll have to call and apologize.  :-[