Main Forums > The Bass Zone

wicked bass, GMT

<< < (2/2)

nofi:
i used to have a mamoth record. the band made bachman turner overdrive look skinny. hence the name?

sniper:
he looks like a BIG BOY .... if one was to bar b que him = bet there would be leftovers but, from the looks he might bar b que you if you tried. lol

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: old puppy on November 02, 2008, 09:07:59 AM ---i just got an email from Tommie. turns out that bass is the one he used when he had the band "Mammoth" and that is the reason for the horns. the band was originally called "Dinosaur" but turns out there was a band from L.A. that had that name so he changed it to Mammoth.

--- End quote ---

That's funny cause Mammoth was the name of pre-record deal Van Halen.

SKATE RAT:

--- Quote from: old puppy on November 02, 2008, 09:07:59 AM ---i just got an email from Tommie. turns out that bass is the one he used when he had the band "Mammoth" and that is the reason for the horns. the band was originally called "Dinosaur" but turns out there was a band from L.A. that had that name so he changed it to Mammoth.

--- End quote ---
when was this? i know the western Mass. band Dinosaur added jr. to their name 'cause of an other band with the same name.

sniper:
i am not familiar with the history of John McCoy but i know you can google him. it has a small history there. and you might try the band Gillan. i looked at the wiki for a reference.

here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCoy_(musician)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version