Gear Discussion Forums > Bill's Shop: Projects, Mods & Repairs

Couple of Jack Casady questions!

<< < (2/19) > >>

Basvarken:
Maybe this one?

https://www.allelectronics.com/item/rsw-50/rotary-switch-2-pole-3-position/1.html

Alanko:
Well the seller was wrong! The 3-way still works perfectly. The transformer is loose inside the base however. That switch would be a good replacement, but I might not need it... yet.

One thing I've noticed is that one of the tuners has bent. The peg, aft of the end of the mounting arm/axle, has bent. I might try heating it and gently returning it to the correct shape. If that doesn't work then I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

The frets are tarnished and a wee bit worn, so they will be getting leveled.

There are a few chips in the paint, so I will drop-fill these. there is a sort of scuzzily scratched up area on the side of the body, through to the wood. Lots of narrow-width but deep scratches. Not sure yet how I will tackle them.

Basvarken:

--- Quote from: Alanko on August 21, 2017, 06:21:53 AM ---One thing I've noticed is that one of the tuners has bent. The peg, aft of the end of the mounting arm/axle, has bent. I might try heating it and gently returning it to the correct shape. If that doesn't work then I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

--- End quote ---

Replacing the tuners might be a good idea anyway. It is a chance to cure the neck dive, if you use light weight tuners!

bassilisk:
I put a set of Hipshot HB6C - 1/2" Ultralite tuners on mine and they are excellent.

Rather than fill the existing holes I just put the original screws back in.

Basvarken:
Here's mine with Gotoh res-o-lites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version