Author Topic: Casting call to reform Stooges  (Read 2942 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Casting call to reform Stooges
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 06:29:34 AM »
Nobody did Larry Fine's voice better than Billy West. They even made him up like Larry on the old Howard Stern TV show in the early 90s. Of course, he doesn't have the scary acting talent of Sean Penn, whose most memorable role is STILL that of Jeff Spicoli. ;D

If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »
 So much of their appeal was the ability to take their Vaudville talents and make the transition to the big screen. I don't know how a new generation will react and if their are actors with those skills and are they nessesary  for I remake. Me I think they are. Though in thinking about it even when I was a kid the stooges were OLD stuff ! My Dad got a kick out of us watching them on TV he of course saw them in the theater in the late '20s and '40s, so maybe the their is another generation who are ripe for this kind of entertainment. I still love 'em nothing well ever top the originals, just classic.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 06:41:15 AM »
There was a theater here in Northern NJ where we used to go on Friday nights to watch uncut Stooges and Little Rascals shorts back in the late 70s / early 80s.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

felig

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 07:56:44 AM »
I dont think I can ever except anyone else as the three Stooges, although I did enjoy the mini series awile back (by Mel Gibson?) about their story. That was pretty insightfull

I remember that one, too.  I was never a Stooges fan--although I'm well entrenched in the demographic--but for me, the press around this latest remake is going to be great, much better than the movie itself could ever be.  What would be better, IMHO, would be to go with Moe & Larry as cast, but for the Curly role they should do as a CG character, along the lines of the Hulk. The idea of this movie is so dada that they might as well go full bore to the total ludicrous.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »
There is one episode with BOTH Curly and Shemp.  It was after Curly had officially left.  It was a scene in an old West train.  Curly has a cameo (with a little hair) as a passenger reading a book.

Title:            Hold That Lion
Studio:         Columbia Pictures
Year:         1947

Stooges:         Larry Fine, Curly Howard, Moe Howard, Shemp Howard

Director(s):         Jules White
Producer(s):         Jules White
Story By:         Felix Adler
Screenwriter(s):         Felix Adler

Actor(s):         Dudley Dickerson, Kenneth MacDonald, Emil Sitka

Description:         The Stooges go after a crooked investment broker who has stolen their inheritance money. Curly makes a cameo appearance as a passenger on the train. The only Stooge short in which brothers Moe, Curly and Shemp appear together.

Length:         16:27
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
Nobody could snore like Shemp.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 04:55:49 PM »
BUMMER Dave... that youtube is BLOCKED in the UK...?...!...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Blazer

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
If they're gonna go this far then let's speculate just for fun who they would be casting if there's a movie to be made about Laurel and Hardy.

If I would have it my way, I would cast Brent Spiner as Stan Laurel. Anybody who has seen the Star Trek episode in which Q makes Data Laugh knows why Spiner would be perfect to play Laurel.

And Jackass big guy Preston Lacy as Oliver Hardy. So why would I pick one of those madmen from Jackass to play Hardy? Because Preston lacy is the one who comes up with skits and stunts that are funny because of being funny, not painful or harming others.

Preston Lacy's finest moment in the second Jackass Movie.