Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

NBD: Bach Precision 51

<< < (2/5) > >>

Highlander:
Got to admit that I did like the looks of that one... but the butterscotch one that Rob had for a while...

Dave W:
I really don't like butterscotch. The candy  :puke: and the finish.

Basvarken:
The very first BaCH that I had was a 50s P model with mahogany body and mahogany neck. Oiled not lacquered.
Nice bass. But very heavy.

The whole BaCH adventure started there. I asked them if they made any other bass models with mahogany body and neck. They said we can build anything if you order at least 25 copies. So I asked if there were any other idiots who would like a NR Tbird... You know the rest of that story  8)

tore00:
Yeah and I am one of the happy owners of them. My Bach 51 is not heavy, but is heavier than my Fender 51. As I said the neck is thin and wide, very different from the typical 51 baseball bat contour. The Seymour Duncan pickup plays very well.
I have also the original Bach pickup, that was replaced by previous owner because too weak. It has a strange construction, since it has non magnetic poles and a very weak magnetic bar on the bottom of the poles. As soon as I am back home will test the resistance and maybe replace the magnet with a stronger neodymium one....maybe the start of a new project

OldManC:
I'd love to try one of those. The 50s P/Telecaster bass look has really grown on me over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version