Author Topic: The disturbing and debilitating effects of ... on America's youth of today  (Read 3584 times)

doombass

• View Profile
I'd be happy if my kids caught up on them. I'd say they're more than alright considering their age. We're just old farts with our own retrospects. There are a lot worse bands out there for the younger generation.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Exactly!
They could be flipping their laptops open and twist a few knobs in front of a crowd.

doombass

• View Profile
 :mrgreen: If they ever get enough time to twist knobs. Tthey'd first need to get their hands out of the air.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
They aren't doing rap, nor are they formulaic and auto-corrected. We should embrace them warmly, with a big kiss!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
I hear you, I hear you ... Still there were major deficiencies in their upbringing if you ask me. Much of this could have been ... if not totally prevented, then at least benignly channelled with a loving, yet guiding hand.

PS: Would you believe that my by now 26 year old daughter only recently quipped: "You know dad, all that Deep Purple and Judas Priest I had to go through as a small girl at home, I can't believe how much of it still sticks, it was a child abuse of sorts!"  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:59:27 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Eh, They're no Kingdom Come (or that other band  :mrgreen:) but they play guitars and make their fans happy.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Now imagine if they had been raised on a diet of that other British band with the late singer?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Now imagine if they had been raised on a diet of that other British band with the late singer?

Sounds like Freddie Mercury, looks like Amy Winehouse. What a combo.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
He even looks like a 70ies Freddy, protruding gnashers 'n all. But there is something Amy'sh to him too, you're right.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Maybe because the singer is off key (among other things.)  I'm taking it that wasn't one of their better performances.  Rehearsing might have been a good way to fix that, though.

These guys are way better than Zep was when I saw them in'73...............The most boring, sloppy, overated band live.  Glad it only cost me $10.00 for me and the girl who lived next door to go.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

westen44

• View Profile

These guys are way better than Zep was when I saw them in'73...............The most boring, sloppy, overated band live.  Glad it only cost me $10.00 for me and the girl who lived next door to go.

Yes, I believe it.  But I've never been a Zep fan.  I did like some of their singles I'd listen to on the radio like "Whole Lotta Love" and "Good Times Bad Times."  From time to time I'd borrow an album to listen to from friends.  But I never bothered even buying one LZ album my whole life.  This is in contrast to the Yardbirds albums which caused me great excitement to buy.  Of course it would be impossible to like the Yardbirds and not like Led Zeppelin at all since Jimmy Page was in both bands.  Also, John Paul Jones is playing on some of those Yardbirds tracks such as "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago," etc.   
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
I don't know how many times I spun the cuts from LZII on-air in '69 and the early 70's. I had the cut sequence pretty well memorized, and I still have the album in my stash.  When I think of Zep, it's always early Zep.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Mark is only trying to charm me with his - indeed most welcome statements - because he is coming over next week!