Author Topic: I'm pulling for the lioness  (Read 2757 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
I'm pulling for the lioness
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »
Too bad she didn't eat the baby and tear the adults to shreds.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: I'm pulling for the lioness
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
 You have to wonder what the heck people are thinking. So much for maternal instinct.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
I'll have to post a video when I get home, but the Chicago contingent will remember the story of the child that fell into the gorilla enclosure at Brookfield Zoo, and was protected and saved by the mother gorilla.  That was a very lucky and fortunate child.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
I don't see the problem at all.  You go to a zoo to see animals close up - that's why they put the glass there.  Most of the time the big cats are sleeping, so these people got the opportunity to see a lion actually being active - they got their money's worth on the zoo admission price this time, and the kid was never in danger.  Much ado over nothing IMHO.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:20:50 PM »
I don't see the problem at all.  You go to a zoo to see animals close up - that's why they put the glass there.  Most of the time the big cats are sleeping, so these people got the opportunity to see a lion actually being active - they got their money's worth on the zoo admission price this time, and the kid was never in danger.  Much ado over nothing IMHO.

Believe me, I'm definitely not concerned about the kid being in danger.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 03:27:24 AM »
Lions like to eat stuff that has stripes on it. Just ask any zebra :o.
Rick

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 06:52:21 AM »
that cat has been working out. look at her muscle structure!  :) if you have ever tried to control your house cat you know how incredibly strong this lion must be. mother nature at her finest. 
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 08:34:14 AM »
I somehow found that a little disturbing. I mean, the kid is obviously in no danger, but it just seemed weird people are laughing and filming the whole thing. Kind of a big tease to the lioness.  :-\ No harm done, but it struck me as odd. My instincts as a father would have been to pick up the kid, and give the cat a stern finger wagging!  ;)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »

If I may quote Fat Bastard from "Austin Powers"

"Baby, the other, other white meat".
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 09:25:47 AM »
 It doesn't strike me as a good idea to taunt a lion with your toddler even if it is behind glass. Systems have been know to fail. That lion is incredibly powerful, I think winding it up on a lark with your child is foolhardy.................at best. I see Darwin at work here. All  just my humble opinion of course.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird