Author Topic: NEVERTILT 3 point upgrade  (Read 6959 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
Re: NEVERTILT 3 point upgrade
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »
how about the old Schaller 460 bridge for the EB2? would that work? i know Schaller made two models of the 460's but i don't know which one is which.

well, after playing with the two i have, which have vastly different stud and saddle spacings, it appears that the smaller one of the two is still too long in stud spacing for my 66 which has the angled bridge stud mounting. the other measures 2.25" center to center on the saddle adjustment screws so it must be for a Fender or T-Bird spacing. i still do not know which is what model other than a "460". i believe one of them is a "460A".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:02:47 PM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 10:43:29 AM »
FWIW, i measured the distance center to center of the saddle adjustment screws on the smaller of the two 460 bridges and it measures 2". it still will not mount but, it probably would if one were to lathe cut about .030 from the studs diameter between the shoulder and the head of the stud on each stud. i think that would narrow the stud enough that the bridge would mount on my staggered mount 66 EBO.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »
interesting-would the bridge then be straight or angled because of the offset studs ?
Louder bass!.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 01:52:25 AM »
it would be angled but have 3 way adjustable saddles which i think is the crux of Carlo's design ... more adjustability without modification of the body.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
i knew i saw these some where, they might work but i don't make them so there is no guarantee:

http://retrospec-guitar.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=99

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »
Those might work.

When I was briefly searching for an EB-0 bridge, I spoke with the guys at Hipshot and they claimed that they planned to make a SuperTone bridge with one enlarged hole and the set screw needed to offset the correct side of the bridge.  But I haven't seen it come into production.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »
i knew i saw these some where, they might work but i don't make them so there is no guarantee:

http://retrospec-guitar.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=99

That's an interesting concept. Wonder why nobody thought of it before for guitars. Might work for bass purposes.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 01:00:33 AM »
Seems like a horrible solution to me. It is only right once in every 360 degrees. So height adjustment is very limited.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
True, you couldn't do anywhere near as fine a height adjustment. Still, it's a way to straighten that angle.

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
i agree with Rob, it is a terrible solution but plugging and redrilling is the other option or do some self engineering on the hole elongation thing on a Hipshot bridge.