Author Topic: 1967 NR Bird in Kerry Green  (Read 9822 times)

stiles72

• View Profile

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 NR Bird in Kerry Green
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »
Oh My! I wonder if Uwe will be rethinking his prohibition for this one?  :mrgreen: What a beautiful bass. That's the color I want to refinish my SB350 in.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »

I like it......................But I'm poor now. Working on my house.  :-\
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 02:13:49 PM »
I was drooling over that this morning, but it will go far beyond what I could ever pay for it!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
to me, this is the ULTIMATE colour for a NON REVERSE THUNDERBIRD IV. PERIOD. The last one I painted like this is now on tour with Mr. Petersson.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
I think for me the ultimate color for an NR would be an Inverness Green one. A photo of one was posted here a while back, but I can't find it. Glenn Cornick had one when he played with Wild Turkey.

Here's a B/W pic I swiped from Fly Guitars...

And an Inverness Green Firebird.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

tore00

• Southern by grace of God
    • View Profile
    • Snakebite
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:27:21 AM »
Well, I am going for it. Let's see if I can bring to my house.
Maker of the Bad-Sonic Pickups

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »
AWESOME!!!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Good Luck!!! They're sweet basses!!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
Great looking bass.

OVERDRIVEN66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 12:20:30 PM »
     That is the very bass that I bought out of the local trader paper in 1974 for $200.  I owned that bass for 30 years! It was originally Pelham Blue and was horribly abused. It had the biggest neck I have ever seen on a bass guitar, and the neck had a crack in it from the 3rd to the 5th frets. Also, the control cavity was almost broken off of it!  I stripped it as the checking was so bad that it would almost cut you if you ran your hand over it.
     It sat till 1977 when I took it to Lay's and they fixed the neck crack and shaved the neck down to '76 Reissue size.
I then got some Cardinal Red at the local auto paint store and painted it so I could use it as a backup to my all original '66 Polaris White IV.
     I retired from touring the bass in 1981, and it sat under my bed till 2002 when I got it out and decided to refin it Kerry Green. In 2004 traded it to fellow member Bionic Joe for a '64 Fiesta Red P-Bass. Joe traded it to Scott Silver and Scott I believe sold it to Kevin Borden. Kevin had it for sale at his original store. Either he or Scott refinned it again the same color. Kevin was the last owner that I knew of. He may have been the one who sold it to the guy selling it now in Germany, I don't know.
     At any rate it is a nice, nice, player bass. All the parts, except maybe the pots are original when I owned it.  The headstock was never broken in the 30 years I had it. In spite of the repairs,which were done correctly and for the right price it would make somebody a fine bass. It's got the growly grand piano tone that some 'Birds dont have.
     BTW, I have no idea who the seller is now. Just relaying the history of the bass to anyone here who may want to pursue buying it. I would buy it back in a second if I already didn't have one.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:27:02 PM by OVERDRIVEN66 »
Former touring professional. 60's T-Birds 300 days a year on the road with an SVT. Bliss!!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
Now that is a nice story... 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
This one?

OVERDRIVEN66

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »
     That's it. I remember posting those pix here on the old Dudepit. Notice the extra hole on the pickguard for the handrest on the right side. That picture was taken at the same time I had the '67 Polaris white IV that I sold to member Dave Garrity. I'm sure I have pix of it in my archives too.
Former touring professional. 60's T-Birds 300 days a year on the road with an SVT. Bliss!!

OVERDRIVEN66

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »
    Also, the serial number 540557 could be any number of years, but the pot dates were 1966 when I bought it in '74 and the joints were untouched, so I originally dated it as a '66, not that it matters all that much. I have no idea weather the same pots are in it now.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
This one?

Probably the best looking T-bird I have seen. It was that picture from the old pit that got me to love the NR.