Author Topic: Tempting J-bass  (Read 2189 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Tempting J-bass
« on: December 17, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Tempting J-bass
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:06:14 AM »
those look like 'violence' chips. the kind that happen when something is dropped. no worry though, it's a fender and the price is certainly right.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »
All the MIM jazz necks I've played are great, I have one on my personal NR.  Santa says, "Go for it, Denis!" 

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »
IMO it's overpriced at $380, especially with the chips, which to me are at least a $100 deduct.  I'd probably be compelled to refin it to get rid of the chips.  But if the chips don't bug you and you love the color, try to get it for closer to $300.

Green Jazz basses aren't that easy to find on Ebay, but they do show up.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
Hard to say how they chipped the paint, but the paint on those things (Mexi Fenders) is really tough...I would probably pass on something that's been beat that hard. I would think twice, though if it had a really sweet neck...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
IMO it's overpriced at $380, especially with the chips, which to me are at least a $100 deduct.  I'd probably be compelled to refin it to get rid of the chips.  But if the chips don't bug you and you love the color, try to get it for closer to $300.
Green Jazz basses aren't that easy to find on Ebay, but they do show up.

I think it's overpriced too. On Craigslist I've seen MIM J and P basses for as little as $150, though that's not common. Usually around here they run from $200 to $350 or so. It's the color on this one I find spectacular. I've seen the darker metallic green a few times but never this lighter shade.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »
I think it's overpriced too. On Craigslist I've seen MIM J and P basses for as little as $150, though that's not common. Usually around here they run from $200 to $350 or so. It's the color on this one I find spectacular. I've seen the darker metallic green a few times but never this lighter shade.

Well, if it really moves yer fancy, it's only a few bucks.  It IS an unusual color.

I bought my MIM J because I was specifically looking for Midnight Blue, but it took six months of watching Ebay before I could find one under $250, and that was 3-4 years ago.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »
Well, if it really moves yer fancy, it's only a few bucks.  It IS an unusual color.

I bought my MIM J because I was specifically looking for Midnight Blue, but it took six months of watching Ebay before I could find one under $250, and that was 3-4 years ago.

You sure it's midnight blue?  ;D

The color is the only reason to pay this much and the seller knows that. Still, it's CL. Negotiate.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »
The Sage Green basses (which this one is) are fairly rare.  Also the Agave Blue ones seem to be collectible.