Author Topic: What exotic or unusual Gibson trinkets are you hiding...?  (Read 19995 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: What exotic or unusual Gibson trinkets are you hiding...?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 06:22:56 PM »

I know...........I make Dame Edna look like a dude  ;)

Glad you liked the music Ken, when we make some more demo's I'll send ya something.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 06:35:02 PM »
I'll look forward to that... What's the rig your using in the vids... nice sound, even if "tinny " (by your own sites comment)... the T'bird cuts thru well enough...

We're out of sync again and it's Friday here, 7 hours ahead of you...

Gonna have to do some trawling through some of the other guys sites for sounds before I get a rep for hitting on you... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »

Ken,

I use a GK1001RBII and 2, 4x10SBX cabinets...........The sound on those particular vids was recorded just from the camera mics so it's not really a good indicator of my live sound, plus Youtube sound is pretty crappy anyway.......But I do like a certain amount of clanky goodness too   ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »
Never tried GK, only knowingly seen Rush using GK gear (Lifeson...?)
700 Watts...! makes my Hiwatt pale into insignificance...
never used ten's either but I do remember trialing an Ampeg 8x10 back in '82 and it just did not suit the Hiwatt so stayed with my 4x12 Marshall...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »

Ken,
 I think Alex Lifeson is using Hughes and Kettner amps.
The GK travels really well in a along with a line Voltage regulator - in a rack, it has so much headroom, I've never even had it up to half volume!
10's are tight and I really like them live when we are using just my rig with out any FOH PA support.
That said I'm considering getting a new Marshall rig next year  :) 

GonzoBass

• View Profile
    • ReverbNation.com/GonzoBass
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 02:30:08 PM »
Yes, the GK 1001RBII Rocks!
 ;)

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass.com

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 02:33:18 PM »
Never tried GK, only knowingly seen Rush using GK gear (Lifeson...?)
700 Watts...! makes my Hiwatt pale into insignificance...
never used ten's either but I do remember trialing an Ampeg 8x10 back in '82 and it just did not suit the Hiwatt so stayed with my 4x12 Marshall...
Ken is your Hiwatt a a 100 or 200 ? Did I tell you I just got a Hiwatt DR 201 From Slade's back line ? I must have I've told everyone who will listen and over here that's not many.  :bored:
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:47 PM »

Me Lovey SLADE!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »
Ken has a 100. I met him at the Plexipalace Hiwatt board were you posted your 201 too, so I guess he knows!:)

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »
Re your GK's and Lifeson, Mark, he used them in the 80's - seen almost every tour since '77 and seen him use Marshall and Hiwatt's too, but Lee's "Henhous" gear takes the chicken by the throat - nearly as cool as his "MAYTAG's"... ;D below are the links to my '68 Marshall 50w Smallbox (please wear your shades and don,t blame me...) and my Hiwatt hybrid amp...

http://www.vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82268

http://www.vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81510

Aloha Gonzo  - if the hat fits... what do they feed you on over in the Pacific...? I hope they let you off the leash occasionally....!

Scott... you replied on one of my posts over on the above, and I mentioned that I had seen Slade, as far back as '73... my first 45's were "Get down and get with it" ('71 ish), "Coz I luv you" and so on and continued buying them until I discovered Lynyrd Skynyrd (Oh I'm so glad I got to see them) and then spun onto the Allman Brothers (who was this Duane Allman guy, and his friend Berry...?) and links led me to Mountain and the Doobies and all things USofA - you never know what's in your own back yard... last saw Slade in the 80's rebirth, several times...

Mark again - as above re Slade...

Chris  - "21 today, 21 today, who's got the keys to the door, never bin 21 before..."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:20:00 PM by Ken S »

steveonbass

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »
I have a couple of these:

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »
cute... A gibson on the tree...! ;D

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
Ken, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous that you saw Slade live. I only saw Slade on US TV a few times growing up, short clips on black and white TV. One they were on a long narrow stage and you could see the grill cloth on the speaker cabs blowing back and forth ! The other  they lip synced Do We Still Do It, Dave had his chicken outfit on  :o It hasn't been till recently that my online UK friends have sent me vhs tapes and donloads that I got to see how truly great they were live. Liverpool in '83 is amazing. Of course now if you look Slade up on youtube there is all you want. :)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
Ken, Did I show you my Jim Lea bass ?

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2009, 08:33:59 AM »

Makes Homer Simpson drool sound.............................. :P