Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

4001 strap pin questions

(1/3) > >>

Denis:
So now that I have the 4001 all set up and sounding great, I'm wonder if there's a certain style strap you guy use. The pins on the Ric are different than those on all my other basses and actually look smaller. Will a regular strap tend to drop the bass? I sure don't want THAT to happen!  :o

Dave W:
I don't know how the old ones are, the newer ones have a fine thread machine screw rather than a wood screw. If yours is like this, Mike Parks sells the strap pin for Schaller strap locks with that machine screw.

Denis:
Mine has a long screw with a chrome plated pin with knurled edges. Doesn't look like it's something a strap lock would attach to but I could be wrong.

leftybass:
That's the way they used to be, same as the mute knobs on the bridge.
FYI, I've been gigging Rics since 1977, with the stock strap buttons, never had a problem.

Bert:

--- Quote from: Dave W on March 11, 2010, 10:22:06 AM ---If yours is like this, Mike Parks sells the strap pin for Schaller strap locks with that machine screw.

--- End quote ---

Newer ones indeed accept the Schaller straplocks and are interchangeble with the old ones. Same thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version