Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

De Gier Lowlander

<< < (3/10) > >>

uwe:
Anti-Design-Revisionism-Rant:

I don't get it - why should this thing be "period correct"? It's a 2017 De Gier, it has as much to do with a 60ies TBird as a modern day Levi jeans has with the work trousers they once wore in the gold mines or while they were dig. Are you now all stark raving mad, something that isn't the real thing - and likably doesn't aspire to be (I credit De Gier for not aping the original) - needs to be "period correct" and forfeit technical development of decades in the process?

There is nothing wrong with looking over your shoulder into the past for inspiration as long as you continue going forward - there is everything wrong with trying to slavishly replicate it. I can't stand architecture that pretends like it was from a different age either, that is phony nostalgia-drenched kitsch.

Your taste concepts are archaic!

Basvarken:
Alan was talking about the Embassy Uwe

uwe:

uwe:
Now that I have recovered ... anybody who has an original Embassy (like yours truly) with its horrendous balance and the hazardous front jacket just waiting to tear out the entrails of the poor thing will profusely applaud the changes made by Epi.

When did learning from mistakes go out of fashion again? Is that a new trend?

Basvarken:
I don't have any problems with Epiphone changing the design a little bit.
I just meant to say that changing the shape of the bass is far more invasive than changing the jackinput...

Now back to my question:
Are the bridge combinations on the Epiphones and the De Gier the same, and where can we get these?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version