Author Topic: Ear and eye candy: Get Lucky Bass cover  (Read 18771 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Re: Ear and eye candy: Get Lucky Bass cover
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 04:38:32 AM »
I hope the split was amicable. Karen was really nice and a good player. If she had replaced Corey and not had to take the shit that Tracy did, they'd be a much more popular band. "Fried Chicken and Coffee" off the first album, got a Grammy nomination. Looking back, Corey really WAS a big part of their sound/attitude (she played on the first two albums) and I think it knocked the wind out of the whole band when they had to give her the boot, (they lost supporting slots on a few major tours) and they've never really recovered creatively, nor can they re-generate the popularity momentum they had with Corey. Lightning in a bottle: enjoy it while it lasts, cause when it's gone, you can't get it back.

It's just hard, mean rock, blue collar stuff. New Jersey has Springsteen. Kentucky has Nashville Pussy.

Some years ago I had an email exchange on MySpace with Karen after seeing NP perform here in Raleigh. She seemed like she'd be a really cool person to hang around with and she had a great sense of humor. I usually put her near the top of any "Hottest Bass Player Chicks" threads I happened to post in.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
All of a sudden, I can't get enough Jamiroquai! She really makes your head bob the way she keeps the beat on those skins.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

GeoffB

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
That's Marta! I recently found her on youtube. Incredible.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »
All of a sudden, I can't get enough Jamiroquai! She really makes your head bob the way she keeps the beat on those skins.

Head, beat and skin all in one innocent sentence.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...