Author Topic: Ear and eye candy: Get Lucky Bass cover  (Read 18770 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
Ear and eye candy: Get Lucky Bass cover
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »
There's pretty much nothing about this that's not to like.

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Ear and eye candy: Get Lucky Bass cover
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »
Same blue as Al's old Jazz...

Was there anything else I was supposed to have noticed...?

When is it you're getting married, Denis...? ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
I prefer a more technical player myself.   8)

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »
I prefer a more technical player myself.   8)

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 05:42:20 AM »
There's pretty much nothing about this that's not to like.

I was waiting for her right tit to jump out and do a tapping solo or something...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 06:26:30 AM »
I was waiting for her right tit to jump out and do a tapping solo or something...

That would be a truly uncommon level of talent!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 09:41:16 AM »
Well that was pleasant.  8)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
Obviously that is one upper horn which will be up all night to get lucky.

It warms me how it is always the little simple things in life (which can sometimes be quite substantial) that make you guys happy.

This thread is about Jazz Bass players right? In that case I have something for you. Tit for tat so to say. At 1.38.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:35:33 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »
Lovely!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
There is a Boston fan in everyone of us trying to get out. Always liked the escupist lyric too: "I close my eyes and it's tits away!"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:57:00 AM by uwe »

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 11:11:03 AM »
Corey Parks, who was in Nashville Pussy, was often seen with vintage 70's Jazz Basses.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »
Very good shot, this must be a "Modern G" neck then I presume? One would imagine that large hands would be needed for a comfortable grip. I am beginning to see Jazz Basses in another light. Fender basses are really kinda fun.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
Corey Parks, who was in Nashville Pussy, was often seen with vintage 70's Jazz Basses.

Those are fake. I saw them pre AND post-augmentation. She needed the boob job, but she ruined her face with plastic surgery (most likely to hide her Native American features which become more prominent with age) in recent years. She wasn't ugly before the boob job by any stretch, but she wore a tank top when she played and when she really got into playing, her boobs would jump right out of her bra and top. Most times she would catch it immediately, but on one song where she was grooving particularly hard, head bobbing and eyes closed (dear Lord, the jokes that can sprout from that wording) her boobs were full on display for a solid five minutes, and she was legitimately pissed and embarrassed when the song ended and she realized what had happened.

Corey IS a good player even without the gimmicks.  She favored two 70's Jazz basses, one black and the other "former Olympic white" aka- nicotine yellow. I always laughed at the "band profiles" in guitar mags that said she played Precisions. She didn't even have a P as a backup.Nashville Pussy is now on their fifth female bassist. Though the band never got explicit publicly, they fired her. Since I don't know how much is public, I won't say more, but I got the info firsthand. I will say that after she got the implants, her playing was much more lazy.

Their second bassist, Tracy Almazan, was a great band promoter, very friendly (as is the rest of them-Corey was the exception), and she played a T-Bird, but I never heard a note she played, (they never put her in FOH or the monitors) and I was always at the stage front. She took a lot of flak from "fans" for not carrying on Corey's faux-lesbo act with Ruyter or spitting fire, and I watched her take a beer bottle to the head and keep playing. She finally quit, which was a damn shame because ANYBODY who could put up with the shit she did and not storm off the stage shouldn't have been treated that way. She was replaced with Katielyn Campbell, who was purely indie-hipster eye candy. Katielyn held a natural finished Ric. She might have "played" half the time she was on stage and renewed Corey's tradition of being the onstage cock tease who never mingled with the fans. I never thought she was hot, but I was in the minority. She was replaced by Karen Cuda, who had the most Corey-esque playing style of any of the others that I saw. She played a sparkle dark green G&L SB or a Precision or Jazz most times. She was also personable and improved the band's live sound. She was in the band until they started their current US tour started a few months ago. Her replacement is Bonnie Buitrago. I don't know anything about her.

Nashville Pussy played here last Monday, but I didn't go because the venue was WAYY too small and Knoxville NP crowds, be they hipsters or scraggly white trash, have no concept of "personal space" especially when they're drunk, and I'm not going to jail for beating up an asshole. (I'm still feeling pretty crappy and that shortens my fuse significantly. I've had to put a few jerks at concerts in the hospital and those were in decent-sized venues. I never got in trouble because venue security knew me and knew that if I did anything to anybody, they MORE than had it coming.) The Well, where NP played Monday, holds a MAX of 250, and it's a basement with only one entrance/exit with no in-house security. To top it off, the "stage" is in a corner that's about 10' deep with a 30' front level with the floor. The "stage lights" are Christmas tree strands strung from the floor joists of the strip mall above. The house PA is decent gear, but it was installed by the local PA "experts" who are experts at getting return service call dollars but know jack $hit about sound. I was not about to pay $15 to spend the night jammed against sweaty drunk trash through TWO opening acts and not be able to see or hear the band.

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »
Those are fake. 

Yes they are, but who cares!   :mrgreen:

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
I've had this one on my computer for years.