Author Topic: Randy Meisner  (Read 31080 times)

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
Re: Randy Meisner
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 12:24:20 AM »
Tequila? On a Monday night? Had you been in Sweden, the social authorities would have considered you're in trouble!

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2012, 05:02:41 AM »
Isn't Joe Walsh from Cleveland?

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »
Isn't Joe Walsh from Cleveland?

I had thought so, but not according to world authority Wiki.   ;)  I'm guessing his Kent State days got him started on his musical career.

"A native of Wichita, Kansas, Walsh and his family lived in Columbus, Ohio, for a number of years. His mother was a classically trained pianist. When Walsh was twelve years old the family moved to New York City. Later, Walsh moved to Montclair, New Jersey and attended Montclair High School there. While attending Kent State University, he spent time in various bands playing around the Cleveland area, including The Measles. Walsh began a lifelong hobby of amateur ("ham") radio while living in New York City."
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2012, 05:44:24 AM »
I ordered a tequila sunrise at a Munich hotel bar last night. On purpose. I watched the bar tender closely, nothing gave him away, he did not smile. Thanks guys.

Most of my knowledge of mixed drinks comes from living on the Gulf Coast for a few years.  But when I took a vacation to Germany years after that, I think I only had beer in Munich (a place which seems to really know a lot about beer, by the way.)
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »
going way back to Fang for a moment. i went to his webpage and learned he replaced the vox neck with "a fender neck" right away. according to him the original bass was unplayable because of its fat neck. Fang looks a lot like ron perlman these days. please continue. :)
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2012, 02:18:29 AM »
I had thought so, but not according to world authority Wiki.   ;)  I'm guessing his Kent State days got him started on his musical career.

"A native of Wichita, Kansas, Walsh and his family lived in Columbus, Ohio, for a number of years. His mother was a classically trained pianist. When Walsh was twelve years old the family moved to New York City. Later, Walsh moved to Montclair, New Jersey and attended Montclair High School there. While attending Kent State University, he spent time in various bands playing around the Cleveland area, including The Measles. Walsh began a lifelong hobby of amateur ("ham") radio while living in New York City."

Ooops, I must have made the wrong connection from his second successor in the James Gang then, Tommy Bolin, who came from Boulder.  :-[ Well it's better than assuming Walsh was a Cannuck which I would have otherwise deduced from Domenic Troiano's origins who followed him directly in the James Gang!

Speaking of Herr Walsh, his new solo album is worth a listen, It won't change the world, but it's music to feel good with. This here is soppy as only Bill Clinton can be, but at the same time cute and moving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqWMk8jXeY&feature=related

And the Jeff Lynne influence is barely audible, I tell you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEjHHhvR7Y&feature=related
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:28:25 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
Not sure if Walsh witnessed the darkest day in Kent State's history...

... but he certainly wrote this one about the events...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 04:26:13 AM »
Ooops, I must have made the wrong connection from his second successor in the James Gang then, Tommy Bolin, who came from Boulder.  :-[ Well it's better than assuming Walsh was a Cannuck which I would have otherwise deduced from Domenic Troiano's origins who followed him directly in the James Gang!

Speaking of Herr Walsh, his new solo album is worth a listen, It won't change the world, but it's music to feel good with. This here is soppy as only Bill Clinton can be, but at the same time cute and moving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqWMk8jXeY&feature=related

And the Jeff Lynne influence is barely audible, I tell you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEjHHhvR7Y&feature=related

You're right; that is worth listening to.  I wasn't expecting to hear music like that from Joe Walsh.  It appears that becoming part of the Beatles family is something that suits him well.  He is writing from the heart.  He is expressing true gratitude, something that too many people (including myself) seem to know too little about.   
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 04:32:52 AM »
Not sure if Walsh witnessed the darkest day in Kent State's history...

... but he certainly wrote this one about the events...

I've heard that Kent State and the people associated with it seem troubled that they still only seem to be associated with the Kent State Massacre.  Seeing that iconic picture of the girl kneeling over the body is a horror which cannot be erased. 

I do like the "Turn to Stone" song.  Some people complain about Joe Walsh's voice, but I kind of like the quirkiness of it.  There's definitely much worse out there.  

--Blaise Pascal