Author Topic: Roger Glover  (Read 17011 times)

nofi

• View Profile
Re: Roger Glover
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2016, 01:56:53 PM »
i saw the 'yes album tour' in 1971. no changes there. maybe later on when he had more money.
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2016, 03:35:09 PM »
I er... have been known to swap instruments once or twice a night... :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2016, 08:55:22 PM »
I normally bring my '64 EB-0 as a backup, but I switch to it for Sunshine of Your Love and Jack the Ripper.  You can't hardly play that Cream tune without a mudbucker.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2016, 05:46:32 AM »
I have been playing the Longhorn tuned EADG, and a Precision tuned BEAD when I need low notes...works ok for me.

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2016, 06:34:16 AM »
no offense but you are local guys. i'm talking about well known/famous bands. after i posted the op i tried hard to come up with a bass changer i saw but no luck. i have seen some guitarists play through songs with broken strings and broken strap in one case. that would be rory gallagher and robin trower.

going back and forth between a double bass and an electric bass doesn't count. :o
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Pekka

• View Profile
    • Riverdog Samson
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »
Even John Deacon changed to Stingray for "Another One Bites The Dust". Tom Petersson swaps every now and then and not just between a 12-string and a 4.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:47 AM »
Tom Hamilton changes quite a bit in concerts, I think he just likes variety and is not a 'one bass, one brand"-guy at all. When I saw Chris Squire on the Fly From Here Tour, he changed between his trusted Ric, his newer signature model and that 5-er with the weirdly organic shape. And you heard the differences too.

Geddy Lee changes a lot nowadays too. There is nothing wrong with that if it affects your sound or if you need a different scale for a particular song. Jack Bruce changed between his Warwick Thumb long scale fretless and the EB shortie during the Cream reunion gigs. That other Warwick in a long scale EB look never got played around that time (it might at the Madison Square Garden gigs) because he wasn't yet satisfied with the sound - her left it in the stand on stage.

Roger Glover changes sometimes his Vigiers and occasionally digs out his old Ric for an encore or Smoke on the Water.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:39:32 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...