Author Topic: Well, I do'd it...  (Read 4850 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Well, I do'd it...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
minimum piece order???

I'm still feeling that out.  He's done a single item for me, and then this batch of 63.  Until I get a good feel for all of it, I'm taking it one order at a time.  I still haven't actually sold anything.  I literally jumped into this only this week.  BTW - anyone who knows any jewelry makers doing steampunk, these keys were done with that in mind.  It's an alternative to just sanding and cleaning old keys.  I'm selling all the keys, and am starting in lots of 10.  I can do more, and negotiate.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »
Wow, those did turn out nice.  How durable is the coating?  What I hate about the black on my white TB is the black coating scratches really easily when adjusting the height posts or the saddle screws.  The brass shows through all over.  Whatever Gibson is doing is not high quality IMHO.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 06:10:32 PM »
Wow, those did turn out nice.  How durable is the coating?  What I hate about the black on my white TB is the black coating scratches really easily when adjusting the height posts or the saddle screws.  The brass shows through all over.  Whatever Gibson is doing is not high quality IMHO.

I'll be taking another piece in shortly.  I'll ask.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty